Senior Projects in Bachelor College Programs

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by antseezee, Apr 19, 2007.

1. antseezee

Thread Starter Active Member

Sep 16, 2006
    No, this isn't another thread demanding the latest ideas for a senior project. It's more of a collaboration thread. If you had to do a senior project in order to get a Bachelor's degree in a EE, EET, CE, or related field, what would you do it on (or say what you did if you performed one)?

I'm entering my fourth year in the Fall, and I was thinking on creating something along the lines of Thermal Goggles, A Regenerating Source from mechanics/nature, a new modulation technique, or something along those lines. Here's a few more that people are doing or have done:

The current seniors are doing a Guitar Tuner, and a CAM-based shifting clutch. One person I know is preparing to do a Function Generator & Theramin (a hand-generated instrument) built together to create different sounds.

Making a robot with motion sensors and other contraptions don't really interest me. Yeah, they're cool, but it's not as if you're inventing anything. If I'm going to make something, I want it to be new and unique. Of course, the idea for Piezoelectric shoes has already been done :(.
  2. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Themal goggles sounds interesting. Look into the concept of thermography as a starter, although I have found that thermography has certain limitations in some applications, i.e. the inability to view volumetric thermal profiles.