Senior Poster.

sceadwian

Joined Jun 1, 2009
Apparently I'm a Senior Member now according to the forum? Personally I think this is something that should be fixed in the way those 'titles' are given out. I've only been on here a couple months with 200 posts, I'd hardly say that warrants a senior member ranking! => Vocal dissenter perhaps.

Ghar

Joined Mar 8, 2010
It does seem like a pretty low limit I agree.
It's pretty easy for my posts to pile up like this when I argue so much...

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Maybe the Powers That Be don't feel there is a problem?

Speaking only for myself I don't care one way or another. I think post count tells more of the tale than the title. Of course, I'm also one of those folks with an odd title, so my opinion is not too pertinent on this issue.

Looks like I'm also well on my way to being the archivist for this site. It is odd, the first 6 years of this site have much less than one third the posts, especially in the Feedback and Suggestions Forum. We have really boomed in the last 2 years.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
If it has come up several times it has obviously not been addressed =>
That is a bit of a non sequitur. Obviously the levels, whatever they are, are arbitrary. However, if you look at the distribution of the number of responses per member you will see that the vast preponderance of members have very few posts. The numbers dwindle quickly and those with more than 200 are quite few compared to the total. Unless someone can show a reason for a change, I see no need to do that.

John

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
They have the E- book developer titles for the members that put In
extra effort,the moderators are very busy keeping the forum
working as well as It does. They don't need pressure from long time members.
Explain too the new members that the system works ok and It how you
feel about your expreience on the forum that count.Don't watch your
post count and It won't bother you. When something work well leave
It alone,you learn that In your every day life. Enjoy your weekend.

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
Although it's part of the forum software we have the same problem on other forums I participate in and have learned not to really pay any attention to it. There are people who make very few posts yet almost every one of them is a detailed answer that's dead on the money; likewise there are posters that will respond to about anything whether they really have something helpful to say or not.

Kind f like I once had a really high feedback number on eBay for a while, what it didn't say was that over half the purchases were for 0.99 or less items.

It's easy enough to judge a person's "contribution capabilities" by their answers anyway so I'd give little if any merit to the ratings system that's part of forums like this.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
It does seem like a pretty low limit I agree.
It's pretty easy for my posts to pile up like this when I argue so much...
Heee hee ... I like the fact that you agree that u argue..
It's a good thing :cool:.

By the way. Why ur Ghar stands for. Just curious

Ghar

Joined Mar 8, 2010
Omg !! :eek:

Never saw that one coming.

Sorry Ghar but cannot help it.

HA HA HA HA HO HO HO !
It doesn't stand for anything, it's just a name.
Now that I looked it up it means 'house' in Hindi... never knew that since I'm European. Anyways, hgmjr's suggestion is as good as any.

Glad we get along now at least, we didn't start off on the best of terms. I'm just stubborn.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
It doesn't stand for anything, it's just a name.
Now that I looked it up it means 'house' in Hindi... never knew that since I'm European. Anyways, hgmjr's suggestion is as good as any.

Glad we get along now at least, we didn't start off on the best of terms. I'm just stubborn.
No we did not...
But that's just friendly arguments.

And I always thought u were an Indian due to that nick :rolleyes: