Sending data from Stmf103 microcontroller using UART to serial port (using c)

asif45

Joined Nov 12, 2015
Hello everyone,

I am quite new to microcontroller so need to know how can i send data from Stmf103 microcontroller using UART to serial port (using c). Is there any library for this that i can use? I will really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance

asif45

Joined Nov 12, 2015
Thanks for the reply . I just start learning about this so at 1st i just wanted to send a simple "hello world" using UART from Stmf103rbt6 microprocesssor to a server via wifi. if you give me a head start that would be really helpful.

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
First, try to blink an led.

After having done that, check out sample code from St. On my blog page, I had an example of sending data over uart / USB. It utilizes uart1 and is done via interrupt. But can be easily ported to other parts or chips.

asif45

Joined Nov 12, 2015
By the way,expected a lot of reading of data sheet and tool manuals.

If you aren't prepared for that, try mbed or arduino stm32.
Hi Danny

Thanks for your reply. I looked the UART example in your blog. It was really helpful. I uploaded a file here, i just want to modify it for sending data over uart . but it's little bit complicated for me. i am using keil uvision. I made some change in Uart config.c but it has error. When you have time can you please take a look what i am doing wrong. thanks

Attachments