Semiconductor Reference Book

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by Salgat, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Salgat

Salgat Thread Starter Active Member

Does anyone know where I would be able to get a free Semiconductor Reference Book. As much as I love the online ones, sometimes I'm not near a computer when working with components, and it'd be nice to have a reference like the ones at my college. My teacher spoke of how some companies will provide them free, and was curious if they exist and how I would obtain one.
  2. nanovate

nanovate Well-Known Member

National Semi has a databook you can order for free. IRF has an MS Excel spreadsheet. Ask the local rep or distributer...they are usually happy to accommodate.
  3. hgmjr

hgmjr Moderator Staff Member

Many of the semiconductor manufacturer's have abandoned the practice of publishing databooks since PDF datasheets are much easier to control and keep updated as the devices evolve.

That said, I am sure you can still find databooks but they are a bit rare. They are becoming collector's items now.

hgmjr
  4. FredM

FredM Senior Member

Philips Semiconductors did a superb set of data books - the SC and IC series.. I do not know if they are still in print - Latest one I have is IC12 published 2000. try http://www.semiconductors.philips.com
    Nope - Just tried link - now NXP.. All in pdf
    Just checked the books I have - all available as pdf, but not printed any more.. old ones being sold at high prices.. I have 12 Philips books I got free.. Now would cost me about £300 second hand!
  5. GS3

GS3 Active Member

You can carry all the data in CD-ROM or DVD in your pocket and you'd need a truckload of paper books instead. Good riddance to the old books. I dumped tons of them which were taking up space. A laptop can hold all the datasheets you may need and which would be impossible to carry with you.
  6. peranders

peranders Active Member

Salgat, I'm afraid but you'll have to plan your electronic hoppy more or work near a computer