Semiconductor physics

svsagar.15

Joined Nov 20, 2009
Can any one help me in plotting the carrier concentrations of a p-n junction diode at depletion region ( Under equilibrium conditions ) using MATLAB .

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Is there any other way to specify the range of x ( other than the linspace function that has been used ) .
You can use either linspace, or declare it manually in vector form.

Can any one help me in plotting the carrier concentrations of a p-n junction diode at depletion region ( Under equilibrium conditions ) using MATLAB .
You will need to be more specific. Matlab has some very powerful plotting tools so (almost) anything is possible.

Dave

svsagar.15

Joined Nov 20, 2009
How can I plot the forward current voltage characteristics of a p-n silicon diode at T=300 K ,taking taking into account the recombination current in the depletion religion using MATLAB.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
How can I plot the forward current voltage characteristics of a p-n silicon diode at T=300 K ,taking taking into account the recombination current in the depletion religion using MATLAB.
Please do not hijack other threads with questions that should be dealt with in your original thread. That is why I have moved this post into this thread.

My suggestion for you to be more specific still applies; you need to outline theory behind you application for anyone to have an understanding of what you want help with. If you are not willing to help yourself, then don't expect anyone else to.

Dave

svsagar.15

Joined Nov 20, 2009
This thread does not say anything about the recombination and generation at the depletion region of a forward biased p+ -n junction . I was just trying to find some help with the Matlab code as i was not able to figure out to find out the intrinsic concentration ni without knowing the values of the built-in voltage or the applied forward bias to the junction .

The only thing i have in hand is donor and acceptor concentrations and Nv , Nc , Eg , and Device area and there respective mobilities .

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
This thread does not say anything about the recombination and generation at the depletion region of a forward biased p+ -n junction . I was just trying to find some help with the Matlab code as i was not able to figure out to find out the intrinsic concentration ni without knowing the values of the built-in voltage or the applied forward bias to the junction .

The only thing i have in hand is donor and acceptor concentrations and Nv , Nc , Eg , and Device area and there respective mobilities .
Have you been given the carrier concentration equation as a function of distance?

To plot carrier concentration (cc) as a function of distance, just declare x (distance) using linspace or manually, for example 1 to 10 with increments of 0.1 would be x = [1:0.1:10];

Pass the vector x into the cc equation. Finally use plot(x,cc).

The Matlab bit is easy. The question is do you have the carrier concentration equation?

Dave