self start

aravindhoysala

Joined Aug 6, 2008
hello ,
I need self start circuit for my 100 cc bike (IND-SUZUKI ,89 model,12 v 2.5 AH battery).
inputs regarding this will be highly appreciated
thank you

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Some questions arise. Are you looking for this information to troubleshoot your motorbike, or do you wish to add the self starter? I would think that in both cases, Suzuki would have that information/parts available.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
A 12V 2.5AH battery is almost enough to power a pacemaker for a rat.
It has nowhere near enough power to start a 100cc motorbike.

aravindhoysala

Joined Aug 6, 2008
thanks for the replay,
as mentioned above its 89 model and it dint came with self starter,
as my father wants to use it i thought of adjusting a self starter.
and if i have to increase the capacity of the battery i will.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Self starters for model aircraft engines of about the same size have been developed, but are not very popular. You could look at model RC sources. Alternatively, my 5 HP snowblower has a 110V self start. The engine is 4 cycle Tecumseh. If you could adapt the starter mechanism, swapping the starter motor would probably not be that great a problem. That's (i.e., self-start lawn and garden equipment) another place to look. At the very least, you will need some sort of geared or cogged mechanism on the motor. Is there space? John

aravindhoysala

Joined Aug 6, 2008
yeah, i can take it to near by service center and fix the motor for me.
at least give me some inputs like how its works and materials required( block diagram )

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
You bike doesn't have one, apparently.

The smaller versions of starter motor, which might be suitable for your bike, are permanent magnet motors, and most are geared. They are about the size of large avocado or two apples.

John