Selection of microcontrollers for my automation project

be80be

Joined Jul 5, 2008
I really can't see why a arduino has to cost that much you can get clones for allmost nothing called pro mini

Thats $1.93 and runs arduino plus there are cheap arduino on banggood that are in the $3.00 range that work as good as the real thing. I buy the chip and make my own pcb that's in the $5.00 range

Last edited:

m zaid

Joined Jan 9, 2016
Also the specification of the TX/RX modules say they are able to transmit 40m indoors.
I recall from another forum the nRF24L01+ will not work well in a WiFi environment since sharing the same 2.4GHz radio carrier frequency or band. Though when range is limited for a star topology, using the same parts you said, the nearer can echo the farther switch.

Last edited:

circuitmav

Joined Jul 3, 2016
I really can't see why a arduino has to cost that much you can get clones for allmost nothing called pro mini

Thats $1.93 and runs arduino plus there are cheap arduino on banggood that are in the $3.00 range that work as good as the real thing. I buy the chip and make my own pcb that's in the $5.00 range
That's not a bad idea. So I just get a ftdi breakout basic, ftdi cable and it works like an arduino ?

circuitmav

Joined Jul 3, 2016
I recall from another forum the nRF24L01+ will not work well in a WiFi environment since sharing the same 2.4GHz radio carrier frequency or band. Though when range is limited for a star topology, using the same parts you said, the nearer can echo the farther switch.
But only the switch that receives the ID that matches it's own ID will react so I would think it wouldn't cause a problem.