See the gun-shoot case.Innocent children

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by happyganl, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. happyganl

Thread Starter Active Member

Dec 17, 2009
    :mad:It's a black day

2. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    Yes it is indeed sad. But it was not the gun that shot the children, it was an evil man. In your own country of China a man recently stabbed little children to death. Evil people will do evil things. The tools they use don't really matter.

3. Sparky49

Jul 16, 2011
    Don't make this political yet.

There are more important things to think of.

4. justtrying

Mar 9, 2011
    yes, it is once again time for soul searching. This would not happen in a healthy society, so what is wrong with US?

5. Sparky49

Jul 16, 2011
    Well, all I'm saying is that not even 24 hours have passed and already both sides are using it as a tool.

Let's just remember that tonight, there are dozens of torn families, whose lives will be changed forever.

How about just 24 hours without using that grief for ones own political gain?

6. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    What is happening to us? Columbine was unprecedented; that's why everybody remembers the name. That was just over 10 years ago, and now this crap happens 2, 3, 4 times in a year. Today it happened twice in one day, on both sides of the world. What the hell is going on?

7. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    Nothing political in saying that evil people do evil things in all parts of the world. It is very sad that such people exist in the world.

8. praondevou

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 9, 2011
    I read a book a few months ago where someone did just this, shot several kids in kindergarden age... At the time I thought this is just not very likely to happen. Well, there is a crazy person for every evil act that could possibly be imagined.

Makes me remember that life can be so short.

How ill you have to be to shoot your own mother and 20 children?

Can this happen to anyone? Is this the unpredictible animal part in us, like when someone tells you "my dog doesn't hurt anyone, he so docile" and next thing you see he is biting someone?

Crazy world, poor kids and parents...:(

9. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    There are lots of reasons.

In general people are under so much pressure today. I hate to say it but a lot of it is caused by technology. Just look at bullying for example. It has been going on since the dawn of time but technology has taken it to a whole hew level.

When I was a child, kids would be teased for being too fat, too skinny, wearing glasses, you name the reason. But the teasing was limited to just a few schoolmates. Now with technology the whole world knows, or at least that could be a perception.

I also honestly think first shooter type games have an effect on people. For the vast majority of the kids that have their feet grounded in reality, it has little effect but games like that can desensitize someone with mental issues.

And then there is the problem of no parental involvement. Look at all the families today with one parent. And even in families with two parents, the parents are so self absorbed that the last thing they would want to do is take the time to involve themselves in the lives of their children.

10. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    This is something I've thought of, and heard before. I heard it years ago, said of the movies and of music. When Arnold Schwarzenegger was gunning people down on screen, they said it would happen in real life. It never happened, and I dismissed it entirely. I still have trouble thinking that playing shoot 'em games on a xbox is going to entice someone to shoot up a school, but here we are. Maybe the whistleblowers are just as crazy as I always thought they were, and there is no connection. Or maybe they were right, and it just took a while for prophesy to be fulfilled.

11. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    Wait till terrorists groups realize they can start doing something like this. Can you imagine the fear this would cause if it started happening all over the country at the same time? It would be a very low tech and simple way to cause great chaos in a country. I try not to dwell on it because I would never be able to sleep at night.

12. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    It doesn't really, not for normal people at least. Most people play and have no issues at all.

I see two main problems with people who have mental issues and first shooter games.

I would say there is one group that does not know the difference between the game and reality. Those people are two far gone and probably can't be helped. I'll bet the guy in Oregon was a gamer. If you remember he announced "I'm the shooter" before he started firing.

The second group that is affected is those that are planning to do harm to others and know they will be doing harm. The games allow them to desensitize to actually pulling the trigger in real life.

13. praondevou

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 9, 2011
    We want games to be more and more real. And they ARE becoming more real.

Maybe they are influencing kids or young adults in a way not easily to be recognized, like in your subconscience... However, I can not remember any game where somebody does atrocities like this one.

It surely has something to do with the feeling of being extremely powerful. When you hold the guns and nobody else and you are determined and ready to kill anybody that comes in your way... that must be a feeling like being God.

I think games and superhero/war movies do their part.. in the wrong heads. There are probably many more reasons, one being the lacking involvement of parents like Spinnaker said.

Then, lack of involvement has to do with parents being tired after 10 hours at work doing stuff/producing goods that nobody really needs. Strantor you know what I'm talking about.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  14. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    Yes I know what you're talking about. this is all really sad.

So what is the solution? I believe it has been discussed on this forum before, about identifying the crazies. It can be impossible. Especially for these working slave types who never interface with their kids; they wouldn't know that their kid shows all the signs of being a homicidal maniac. If we can't identify them, we can't keep guns or violent video games out of their hands.

So, do we take them out of everybody's hands? I doubt the video game companies would stop producing out of the goodness of their hearts. Allowing the government to control what video games are allowed in my house is not a precedent that I want to set. Slippery slope.

So, what do we do? I don't see an answer at all. There are already cops on campus, but how long does it take to gun down a classroom, or even knife them all to death before he can make it to the scene? These things happen so fast!

15. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    desensitization of our youth and young adults to violence combined with a horrible economy, and people go crazy. As to why he would pick a school he's a coward. If thats the way you wanna go out I'm fine with that people do it here all the time but play fair and make a 911 call and barricade your door and go toe to toe with SWAT. Not a GD 8 year old. And its not a US thing its a world wide thing as our cultures are desensitized and people are desperate.

16. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    There was that Amish school 2 years ago too.

17. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009

We had a guy do that here and we lost 3 of Pittsburgh's finest. They walked right into it trying to defuse a domestic disturbance.

I'd much rather these people shoot themselves in the head first, after that they can move on to others if they are able.

maxpower097 and praondevou like this.
  18. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
  19. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    Just as tragic as the dead is what the survivors will go through now. I can't imagine what the parents of the dead children must be going through.

As for the surviving children, it seems it has not sunk in yet for a number of them. Several were interviewed tonight and from their reactions it seems they are not fully aware of what occurred. Eventually it will sink in when they realize so many of their little friends aren't around anymore.

The good news in all this horror is that there weren't more children hurt. Apparently the PA system got somehow turned on in the principal's office. The argument was broadcast allowing the teachers to lock down their rooms. Perhaps the principal was the one to turn it on to warn his staff. That probably saved a lot of lives.

20. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Agreed we have too, but if you were to have to go out in a blaze of glory. Notify 911 of your intentions then go at it. All the times LEO's have been hurt this way is escelated situations like normal responses and they just open fire. I mean baracade yourself call the cops and say hey ok now lets go at it. Not ambushing them. But again thats if they can't just do themselves like real men. Which is sarcastic but really as many people take others with them, just take yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.