Security in Orlando

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Correlation is not causation. The first plot may be meant to imply that guns lead to gun deaths, but it tells me that people buy guns when they are in risky places. Gun deaths are good for gun sales.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Correlation is not causation. The first plot may be meant to imply that guns lead to gun deaths, but it tells me that people buy guns when they are in risky places. Gun deaths are good for gun sales.
Yes, of course. It's kind of like people saying because of more guns we have fewer gun deaths. When if fact fewer people have guns, but the ones that do have many more. It would seem that once you had one for each hand that would be enough.:rolleyes:
But I think you would admit if you were really worried about your personal safety you would rather live in an affluent state with fewer guns rather than Alabama or Louisiana. :D
I would think CC would make that person safer, but I have no data.. It might mean that person goes to bad places.
There seems nothing to suggest that it makes me any safer.
I do have some data on CC people charged with gun shootings. Maybe I will play with that later.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Seems reasonable to me. Would you go into NYC with anything less?
Yes. Less the drugs.

BTW, the story seems to have been updated -- they added photos of the vehicle and weapons. I suspect they may not only be CCFL'd, but FFL'd as well. They are going to lose that, methinks. The drugs seem suspicious, though. I'm not normally a conspiracy theorist, but I've got a suspicion they were planted by the NYC po po.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Gun deaths are good for gun sales.
Not as good as politicians talking about gun control legislation.

AR 15 is NOT an automatic weapon. The M-16 is NOT an automatic weapon. The only time the M-16 was an automatic weapon was when they first came out. They emptied the clip very quickly. Now the M-16 can only fire three rounds for each trigger pull.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Let me think. We are going into NYC carrying loaded guns and drugs, so what sort of inconspicuous vehicle should we take. I know, let's take the wanna-be commando SUV with a broken windshield; they'll never notice us in that.

And by the way, I see no "long range" weapons in the photo. There is a shotgun, an AR-15 pistol, plus five other handguns. Maybe there was a .338 Lapua that we didn't see?

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
The M-16 is NOT an automatic weapon. The only time the M-16 was an automatic weapon was when they first came out. They emptied the clip very quickly. Now the M-16 can only fire three rounds for each trigger pull.
Are you sure? The last one I shot was select fire: semi, 3s burst, and full. I have been away from class III for quite a while (since I sold my AC-556.) When did they change the M16?

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
On the 2nd amendment and gun licensing, has anyone of the pro crowd ever read it? The first three words are very telling and never mentioned, "A well regulated". Wouldn't/doesn't that allow for licensing of ownership?

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Militia...............is well regulated, not the people. It doesn't say well regulated people. It's THE people. THE people regulate the government.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Aren't you one of the guys that say, "the government wants to take my guns"?
There are quite a few in government who don't wish to take my guns. And then there are another bunch that do. Are you really this naive?

Must I link to the position statements of those officials who would like to take my guns?

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
On the 2nd amendment and gun licensing, has anyone of the pro crowd ever read it? The first three words are very telling and never mentioned, "A well regulated". Wouldn't/doesn't that allow for licensing of ownership?
SCOTUS has affirmed the reading of the 2nd amendment as a personal right to keep and bear arms. Are you suggesting that there are other "rights" we should also ignore that SCOTUS has affirmed? Hmmm????