Seconded Posts

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
How about a button that allows you to 'Agree' with a post that allow you to second, or third, etc. a person's post?

So, if someone likes a post post, then they will 'second' that post. A third person would 'third' the post, etc.

I know the "Thanks' button is there, but it seems a little weird to pop into a thread, read through it, say thanks to someone that made a valid point(that you agree with), all without having posted in the thread before. This way, the forum can put its weight behind an idea.

If a couple people post a bunch of ideas in a thread, an inexperienced person may take bad advice from someone else. This would help figure out which post to trust.

It would show people agreeing with a post without coming up with 10 characters to say it in...

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
There are other ways, try highlighting my reply above.

Personally I use the thanks button. Administrators are around, but I would say we have bigger issues (bugs).

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
There are other ways, try highlighting my reply above.

Personally I use the thanks button. Administrators are around, but I would say we have bigger issues (bugs).
I know, it was just a use case, the main reason for implementing would be in the lending weight to one idea.

There are more important things, of course, perhaps an idea for when Dave and jrap are done bug squashing:D