Seat-Belt Warning System

Status
Not open for further replies.

camon

Joined Feb 3, 2012
Hi, maybe first of all i should present myself and tell you about what i know about this electronic stuff.

So my name is Tiago I'm a phd student in computer science and when i was doing my bsc i had lectures of simple electronics with logical gates and such and also programmed a pal22v10 for a final project. So i guess i have some notions of what is happening.

Now to the project itself. I would like to, as the subject says, create a warning system with a led and a buzzer. The idea is the following:

i will have 2 switches and 2 pressure sensors. when voltage is applied to the system if the switches are on or the pressure sensors are off, then a led should light for 10 s and then go off. if the switches are off and the pressure sensors are on then the led and buzzer should work for 10 s and then go off, but this should repeat in a period of 1 minute until the the switches are on or the pressure sensors off (meaning also that in the meantime if i turn of the switches and keep the pressure sensors on, this should also happen until i turn on the switches again).

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Welcome to AAC and we hope you enjoy your stay with us.

The Terms of Service (TOS) do not allow discussion on automotive related topics for safety reasons.

But don't let that deter you from asking another slightly related question. Just do not mention the words car, auto etc. (Hard to do that with regards to seat-belts.)

camon

Joined Feb 3, 2012
Welcome to AAC and we hope you enjoy your stay with us.

The Terms of Service (TOS) do not allow discussion on automotive related topics for safety reasons.

But don't let that deter you from asking another slightly related question. Just do not mention the words car, auto etc. (Hard to do that with regards to seat-belts.)
ok thanks, i think that now it is ok. i hope that it still makes sense.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Let go with the assumption it is OK for the moment. Why is it OK? This is the time to make your case. Seat belts are a major safety accessory for cars. It it is for a car it falls right into the ToS violation zone, but if it is for something else it may be exempt.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Apparently, Bill_Marsden didn't notice the modifications you did in your first post. I can see it's former text, through moderator's tools.

Despite what MrChips told you (not out of malice, I 'm sure), if us mods see a topic that is restricted come back undercover, we will still close its new incarnation. We don't care only for the looks. Your (and our) safety is important too.

So, in short, yeah, this thread will be closed, according to our ToS, chapter 6, on automotive modifications.

Feel free to tread the rest of AAC forums.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.