SD card file system reading

vrajesh

Joined Dec 24, 2012
Thanks Vaughana

First I thank for u r suggestion,

"Creating SD libraries for a microprocessor from scratch is NOT fun and extremely time consuming."

The FAT16 file formatt is a simple file system which tells the detailed information of the stored files in the media(SD). I just done it all within three days, Now my MCU is reading all the files in the SD, by reading the Boot block and Root directory, Even for Graphical purpose we no need to have a burden of converting BMP to RGB or to HEX. Simply the image can be displayed from the SD by reading the location specified by the Root directory. We have to do is just some manipulation to reverse the RGB information because it stores the LSB as a first byte then continues to MSB.

Anyway thanks for your suggestion.
You said you worked on MDD file system, Shall I know the what are all the information will stored for BMP file other width, height, and size.? Because while I read the BMP files certain bytes (15 bytes) has the data of 00, it persists on all the BMP files. I don't know what it meant.
Dear Ssureshtronics,
I am also using the C8051F120 and I what to read the JPEG file form SD card. Please help me and send me your code.
From,
vrajesh

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Welcome to AAC!

A thread belongs to the OP (original poster). Trying to take over someone elses thread is called hijacking, which is not allowed at All About Circuits. I have therefore given you a thread of your very own.

This was split from SD card file system reading