scr question on my led sequencer

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by boostedrst, Feb 21, 2010.

1. boostedrst

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    I built a led sequencer using 4017 and 555 and scr on each output to latch the leds and supplies 12v to the leds . The problem is that i want to make a smaller board but with 10 scrs its kind of hard . The scr's are 2n5062 .Is there any scr ic's that would make the scr's all in one instead of needing 10 seperate ones

2. KMoffett

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 19, 2007
    Never saw one. A 10-SCR IC would require between 21 (common cathode) and 30 pins. I think you could fit 10 T0-93 packages in that footprint.Can you post your schematic? And you do know that when an SCR is triggered on it stays on until the power is disconnected? Or is the 12V supplied to the SCRs and LEDs AC?

Ken

3. boostedrst

Feb 8, 2010
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I also added 4001 diodes on all the outputs thats not in the schematic . Im using it for car turn signals so i want them to build up and the turn signal resets it . The way i have it is working fine i just wanted to know if there was somthing i could do to get the boards smaller . Btw its outputting 9v to the leds and 12Vin dc of course.

see in the pic the scrs take up so much space . Other than that i would be able to compact it together more . Right now it about 3.5" long

4. retched

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 5, 2009
    Surface mount components would save a ton of space.

[ed]
    Except I cant seem to find the 2n5062 in an SMD.
    [/ed]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  5. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Interesting. Do you plan on killing all power to reset this circuit?

6. retched

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 5, 2009
    I believe he is using the on/off signal from the blinker relay already located in the vehicle. At least thats what I gathered..The scr's wouldn't be able to reset otherwise.

Seems like there is easier ways to do this.

7. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    It can be done simplier, don't know if it would reduce the foot print much though...

[​IMG]

Just use LED/resistors instead of the lamps. This was also an automotive circuit.

8. boostedrst

Feb 8, 2010
    The turn signal cuts power to reset . Im using 3 leds in series with smd resistor per output . I have smd componants for everything except i also cant find smd 5062scrs . 5064's or similar would work as well . It would be great if i can find some .I know they have like resistor array ic . Was hoping they had scr ic's like that . On that board im using a smd 555 on the back .

9. boostedrst

Feb 8, 2010