Science Project - Working Elevator Model - HELP

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by nhnt1, Jul 30, 2009.

1. nhnt1

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 30, 2009
    hi,
    i'm in 10th grade, and i'm going to a kind of science fair/competition/expo (call it wat u like) and as the qualification round, they are having us make model elevators, and we have to bring it to the competition. THIS IS NOT HOMEWORK!!!
    the competition is next week, and we were given the info today. they've given us a 12V DC micromotor, 2 2 inch pulleys, and 1 1inch pulley. they've also given us 3 pulley shafts.
    I figured out how to make an ordinary elevator that goes up/down one floor at a time, but one of the requirements is that there has to be a button for each floor. (not on each floor, just 1 button for each floor).
    the elevator has to have a minimum of 3 floors. (ground + 1st + 2nd)
    can someone PLEASE tell me how to do this? i've thought about microswitches and ICs and stuff, but i dont know how to do it. we have not been taught anything about this kind of stuff at school
    please help, and thanks in advance.

2. RiJoRI

Aug 15, 2007
    "the competition is next week, and we were given the info today." Gee, that sounds rather like the real world! :D

Apparently, elevator control is a popular school project subject. Do a search on this site, and see what comes up.

--Rich

The best elevator controller I knew was my uncle!

3. ihatereg

Mar 10, 2009
    Dude.. Ur going for the diksha fest aren't u??

4. nhnt1

Jul 30, 2009
    .......ya, i am. so what?? i'm still no closer to making this thing, so i thought i'd ask for some help.
    LOL how childish

i still need help people!!! someone? anyone???? i'm clueless!!!

5. lola171994

Aug 3, 2009
    yeah me too even i need some help ppl
    for the same topic i mean

6. RiJoRI

Aug 15, 2007
    Since you apparently refuse to bother to search the site, why should we bother to help you???

7. nhnt1

Jul 30, 2009
    i DID search the site, do u think i'm stupid??? there was nothing about a simple elevator that goes to the specified floor, i just got a ton of crap about opening/closing doors and brakes and stuff - which i DONT NEED
    i dont even understand all those complicated diagrams!
    all i need is for someone to tell me how i can try to do this, or give me a SIMPLE (or at least, as simple as possible) circuit diagram, or something like that. i need a simple elevator, i dont care about doors and brakes, that goes to floor 1 when i press the 1 button, and so on, with 3 floors (ground, 1st, 2nd)
    no need to insult me, or tell me that "haha caught ya, you're going to deeksha fest!!" or crap.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!

8. Razor Concepts

Oct 7, 2008
    With that attitude you won't get any help. Be nice and more people will be willing to help you.

By the way, I searched "elevator circuit" and found exactly what you are trying to do right here. It was the first result.
    http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=2628

9. nhnt1

Jul 30, 2009
    well i looked through that before i even registered on the forum, and it looks like it has only 2 floors. what i need is 3 buttons - 1 for 1st, 1 for 2nd, and 1 for 3rd floor. this is more difficult, as the elevator should not stop at the 2nd floor when u press 3rd floor when it is on the 1st floor (even though there is a sensor there). i do not know how to do this, and am considering giving up. i'm not trying to be unpleasant, i just got annoyed that someone would say something like
    sorry if i offended anybody, or wasn't "nice", i never meant to do anything like that