School Project help please

mitchelel

Joined Feb 23, 2009
I need help for a school project. I am making a laptop stand for my laptop but to get the marks i need i have to incorporate electronics. I want to put in an amp with two speakers 2 fans and some LED's for effect. But is it possible to run all of these off a 12v power supply. Is there a device that allows you to run multiple 12v components off the one input power? which is 240v in Australia and if not how would i do this. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

b.shahvir

Joined Jan 6, 2009
You will need an AC to DC power adapter.

Specifications would be;
Input 240 Volts AC, 50 Hz
Output 12 Volts DC
Current rating can be about 400mA DC or more if reqd.

mitchelel

Joined Feb 23, 2009
I do have a AC/DC 12 v adapter but that means i can only just have one thing coming off it E.g. the amp. But can i get all three off the one adapter?

b.shahvir

Joined Jan 6, 2009
I do have a AC/DC 12 v adapter but that means i can only just have one thing coming off it E.g. the amp. But can i get all three off the one adapter?
:) you can have as many things coming off it provided your adapter can source sufficient amps & not causing it to over heat or the DC terminal voltage to drop too low.

Thats the reason i had suggested an adapter amp rating of at least 400mA or above, if available. Specify amp rating of ur adapter for clarity.
All the best.

mitchelel

Joined Feb 23, 2009
Ohhh OK then thanks for that, I haven't bought the adapter yet so ill keep all of those issues in mind when i go and purchase one.