schematics for an automatic washing machine

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by samrat, Apr 3, 2008.

1. samrat

Thread Starter Active Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Can someone point me into a site where I can find the schematics of a washing machine??I am doing a project on microcontrolled device and all that is left is the systems diagram and circuit schematics of the automatic washer...

2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    That's a problem. Every manufacturer does it differently. What I would do is get the model number of a washer and look online for the electrical diagram (they don't really have schematics). The control board will be a black box, with inputs and outputs labeled, but no detail on the stuff inside.

3. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Your best bet might be to look for an obsolete, or unsupported, unit and go direct to the original manufacturer. Ask them if they would be willing to give you conditional access to the said documents for educational purposes only. Companies are very cautious about releasing IP so it is a long shot, but I think it is your best chance at getting the information you require.

Dave

4. techroomt

May 19, 2004
    if you're referring to the general electrical schematic, they are often pasted on or inside the back cover, or in the literature received with the unit. otherwise as mentioned, just type the model number into google, and look at the responses for a schematic. you will likely find it. you will likely not find anything for inside controllers or other boxes as it is often proprietary.

5. samrat

Thread Starter Active Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanx fellas.

6. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    Go to radio shack, buy the how to use meters book they have diagrams
    of washing machine curcuits in back.

7. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008