schematic sketch that looks good (humanoid)

redacejr

Joined Apr 22, 2008
i scetched this in about 10 mins but this was i was panning to do for my next robot. is this possible ??

P>S> : i did notice the lack of connections connected to the + rail so that will be fixed

Attachments

Last edited:

redacejr

Joined Apr 22, 2008
today ill do a better schematic of what i think the pins on the ICs should be. no this is not my first robotbut i usually use Basic Stamp II and this would be actually my first humanoid type bot using Pics. I took the idea from a smaller version of humanoid (well kinda) that used a smaller version of futaba servos with inbuilt h-bridges that got me a 4th place in a local competition. the idea is of a robot that autonomously grabs small objects and that than is controlled by a remote. yea it does need more planning but i think this will be my main project this summer. when its breadboarded ill send you a video or pics.

later today there should be a better schematic.

thanks
REDACE

redacejr

Joined Apr 22, 2008
here it is as i promised:cool:. i used other schematics using 556 dual timers but i had to breadboard this to make one with two of em interconnected. please tell me is this is good:

output 1 turns two 90 degree servos
output 3 truns the knee 120 degree servo
output 2 reverses all servos to original position

now i need::(
-a micro processor to detect the objet to the left or to the right of the ctv camera.
-the whole circuit for the arms to reach the object and grip it using ldr or ir dtectors
-the whole remote control circuit
and
-an ic suitable to control the whole thing and connect all parts together ( im guessing PIC16C54XT )

thanks and please comment and help me with any errors and suggest :D

redacejr

Joined Apr 22, 2008
Seems an interesting project. Nevertheless, I don't understand how the object vicinity detector works. I see no inputs.
actually i changed the idea of a camera as im not that into electronics to figure it out so instead ill use the ldrs in the grippers. before it was going to work like a schmitt trigger but with unequal square waves, now i changed the whole idea to simple resistance. before i had the idea of the object having a ir led attached to the object. this is ony visible to the camera and SOMEHOW the robot had to move towards it . this would have made the whole thing much more complictaed than it really is. if someone knows how the camera can be made to work in an easy way please tell me :+S

it should work like this:

-bright light is emmited from the bright led and hits the object and rflects back to the ldr.
-when few light goes back ( due to the large distance) the ldr has a very high resistance and with some type of gate this should translate to high vac current to the motors to make em go faster (i hope)
-when the object is now close, the reflected light from the object should make the resistance slowly decrease ( thus making the the servos slow down)
-when the object is practically touching the light emmiting/receiving system the resistance fall to nearly zero making the servos stop completely .

- because of the ldr being situated in the gripper, when this happens that would mean that the gripper is ready to close. its quite an easy concept that was told to me by a friend.:p;):D

Last edited: