Schematic Needed!

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by oidium45, Aug 24, 2014.

1. oidium45

Thread Starter Active Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Hello,
    It has been a while since i have been here... I love this forum but my schedule has been insane.

Anyhow, I am trying to fix a Boss BR-600 for a friend. The unit will not power up and draws quite a bit of current (much more than usual) even when powered off so it is proving difficult to troubleshoot with a scope. I am worried that if I try to scope it with power applied something will go boom.

Anyway, there is a typical issue with a small SMD 8-pin FET going bad which is used as a power switch of some sort. A quick repair online suggests removing the FET and replacing it with a single diode but without knowing exactly what this FET is doing i am a bit weary of giving this a try.

I was hoping that maybe someone would have access to a schematic for this unit???

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
    Matt

2. Lestraveled

May 19, 2014
    It would not hurt to call Boss. You may find that they will help you with a schematic or connect you up with a repair center.

I read the posts on another forum about replacing Q47 with a diode. Have you opened the cases and looked for Q47?

3. oidium45

Thread Starter Active Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Yea, I opened it and nothing "looks" unusual. But like i said, I dont really know what this iC is or what it is supposed to do so i don't know where to begin testing it. And, as far as scoping goes, there is a thermal fuse that gets blazing hot immediately upon powering the device. This is with the device turned on or off. So I am not comfortable with powering it long enough to probe around...