Schematic for Worx Electric Weed Eater

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by David Babbitt, Apr 14, 2014.

1. David Babbitt

Thread Starter Member

Oct 8, 2010
    I have a 20VDC lithium ion weed eater, Worx brand, which doesn't work. The batteries have 5 leads to them and attach to the weed eater using 3 of them. Both 20 VDC battery packs are fully charged but the motor won't run hardly at all.

The battery packs have contact terminals of +, BS, Vcc, BH, T and -. Has anyone reverse engineered the controls for it or have a schematic for it? The exact model is WG155. Thank you.

2. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    Have you checked the motor brushes? Did you check to make sure there is no plant matter that has worked it's way up into the housing, keeping the shaft from turning freely?

3. Gdrumm

Distinguished Member

Aug 29, 2008
    Usually the armature is covered with char, which can be cleaned with scotchbright.
    You have to disassemble it to do it, but if you take a few pictures as you go, you should be ok.

4. David Babbitt

Thread Starter Member

Oct 8, 2010
    I found the problem. The microswitch in the trigger mechanism wasn't going over-center consistently to close contacts. I opened it up and adjusted it to go on and off.