schematic for the pwm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Maybe it's long winded, but given that there isn't any such thing as HHO (and I regularly see it posted as if it were a real molecule) I think I would loose it. It is causing more harm than good. H2 O2 is one more letter, I hesitate to call that long winded. My first contact was with Aqualine, and reading the articles and communicating with the "inventor" left me no doubt he/they were trying to say they had something new and unique, a new molecule, which just ain't so.

Then there is the issue of mislabeling a dangerous chemical mix. H2 O2 is EXPLOSIVE, and is plain not safe to be around in any quantity. I have no problem with generating it as needed, but one of the first lessons of Material Safety Data is proper labeling.

In short, the whole term HHO is misleading, and I believe it was meant to be so. Declaring it is not a chemical doesn't work, if you insist on using standard chemical convention to describe it.

This is just the latest stanza in a very old song, Brown's Gas was the first verse as far as I can tell. Beleive it or not they put this mix in high pressure gas cylinders, the same kind you get welding Argon and other high pressure gases. This practice was discontinued after a few explosions.

This material does have industrial uses, a little research will show that. But to claim special powers for it requires evidence, which has been notably nonspecific.

Tell you what, I'm going to repost this in your other thread, and discontinue this thread and use this thread instead. We've kind of drifted off topic anyhow. I won't post anything else here, so you can have the last word.

Last edited:

linchiek

Joined Jul 23, 2008
Maybe it's long winded, but given that there isn't any such thing as HHO (and I regularly see it posted as if it were a real molecule) I think I would loose it. It is causing more harm than good. H2 O2 is one more letter, I hesitate to call that long winded. My first contact was with Aqualine, and reading the articles and communicating with the "inventor" left me no doubt he/they were trying to say they had something new and unique, a new molecule, which just ain't so.

Then there is the issue of mislabeling a dangerous chemical mix. H2 O2 is EXPLOSIVE, and is plain not safe to be around in any quantity. I have no problem with generating it as needed, but one of the first lessons of Material Safety Data is proper labeling.

In short, the whole term HHO is misleading, and I believe it was meant to be so. Declaring it is not a chemical doesn't work, if you insist on using standard chemical convention to describe it.

This is just the latest stanza in a very old song, Brown's Gas was the first verse as far as I can tell.

This material does have industrial uses, a little research will show that. But to claim special powers for it requires evidence, which has been notably nonspecific.
since you r so skeptical bout the viability of using the generator H2 O2 as to enhance fuel consumption, why not u built one & test it. then if it is fraud or hoax (or myth), u can just post it here.... :D

i'm skeptical, that's why i'm going to construct one to see if it is really viable in terms of economically to hav one install in a vehicle...... ;)

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Re: Using HHO as fuel for a torch

Be really careful about flashback! I have experience with hydrogen/oxygen torches. As you may know, the flame is colorless and cannot be blown out. Of course, we had flashback protectors on the hydrogen line.

With HHO, I have heard that flame propagation is so fast that flashback protectors are too slow. John

linchiek

Joined Jul 23, 2008
Re: Using HHO as fuel for a torch

Be really careful about flashback! I have experience with hydrogen/oxygen torches. As you may know, the flame is colorless and cannot be blown out. Of course, we had flashback protectors on the hydrogen line.

With HHO, I have heard that flame propagation is so fast that flashback protectors are too slow. John
not going to blow out the flame..... just dip the tip of torch in water... LOL

colorless? its color almost the same as butane gas.... ;)

they (HHO enthusiasts) recommend using bubbler... but i'm hoping to get a flashback arrestor for oxy-acet torch... ;)

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
The color you see is from impurities. Hydrogen/oxygen torches will burn under water, so long as you supply fuel gas. Shut off the fuel gas or increase the water pressure to exceed the gas pressure, and you risk flashback. At least, that is what I remember. John

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
they (HHO enthusiasts) recommend using bubbler... but i'm hoping to get a flashback arrestor for oxy-acet torch... ;)
I have read flame velocity of H2O2 is too fast for the oxy-acetylene arrestors. In my reading I have also come across bubbler designs which might be adequate to the task.

Please do exercise all caution!

hi people...new man on the block here, just finished reading all the entries on this string about PWM's and HHO...and I have my fair share to say about it...first off hello and selemat datang to my comrade over the causeway....Lincheik...I have been reading how you have been taking a battering from those other people that do not know what is really happening out there in the real world. Yeah talking about you guys that do not believe that by applying 12 volts with a limit of current, across a stainless steel electrodes sitting in common tap water, with a little bit of electrolyte, common baking soda is sufficient...will produce a gas, that is made up of oxygen and hydrogen...and by not preasurizing the mixture, but just letting it be sucked into the intake of an ICE.....(infernal combustion engine to some)....you will be on the road to more mileage from your vehicle and because the hydrogen is being burnt along with the ingoing fuel, whether it be petrol or diesel, all you get is a cleaner burning engine and better mileage as well, and you do not pollute the enviroment as some believe. I have been aware of this technology for over ten years but never had a need to look at it, in fact almost forgot about it, untill earlier this year. I too am building a HHO generator for my car in Singapore and came here to find if you guys had the answer to a better PWM design that controls current, not just voltage, and all I found was a bunch of old windbags talking about everything else but electronics.....

now I reckon this will put the put the fox in with the chickens.....lol...

linchiek

Joined Jul 23, 2008
hi people...new man on the block here, just finished reading all the entries on this string about PWM's and HHO...and I have my fair share to say about it...first off hello and selemat datang to my comrade over the causeway....Lincheik...I have been reading how you have been taking a battering from those other people that do not know what is really happening out there in the real world. Yeah talking about you guys that do not believe that by applying 12 volts with a limit of current, across a stainless steel electrodes sitting in common tap water, with a little bit of electrolyte, common baking soda is sufficient...will produce a gas, that is made up of oxygen and hydrogen...and by not preasurizing the mixture, but just letting it be sucked into the intake of an ICE.....(infernal combustion engine to some)....you will be on the road to more mileage from your vehicle and because the hydrogen is being burnt along with the ingoing fuel, whether it be petrol or diesel, all you get is a cleaner burning engine and better mileage as well, and you do not pollute the enviroment as some believe. I have been aware of this technology for over ten years but never had a need to look at it, in fact almost forgot about it, untill earlier this year. I too am building a HHO generator for my car in Singapore and came here to find if you guys had the answer to a better PWM design that controls current, not just voltage, and all I found was a bunch of old windbags talking about everything else but electronics.....

now I reckon this will put the put the fox in with the chickens.....lol...
hi! i found a new site already...... http://www.hhoforums.com/

:) :)

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Yeah talking about you guys that do not believe
Belief is irrelevant. The first law of thermodynamics does not have a loophole. The energy in your battery comes from the fuel burned in your engine. The improvement in mileage comes adjustment of your fuel injection system or your carburetor.

But, hey, I'm going to get a spiffy new torch out of all this. So by all means, keep up the good work!

Belief is irrelevant. The first law of thermodynamics does not have a loophole. The energy in your battery comes from the fuel burned in your engine. The improvement in mileage comes adjustment of your fuel injection system or your carburetor.

But, hey, I'm going to get a spiffy new torch out of all this. So by all means, keep up the good work!
hey guys..lets get this understood, you do not believe that this HHO has energy when ignited, and when added to a standard ICE...it is the oxygen sensor that restricts any further introduction of any other fuel besides petrol, so we control that sensor and the attached computer and we do get an improved fuel efficiency. As for the power used in the hydrolosis process, well it is controlled too, ideally no more than 20 amps at 12 volts, which is less than some sound systems and other toys that are in peoples cars. And remember the ICE has never been efficient at extracting all the energy out of petrol, it is possible to run ICE at greater than 14.7 fuel to air ratiom but things have got in the way...like badly made spark plugs, and less than perfect fuel management systems, and of course the big daddy of them all....the money hungry oil merchants who control the whole motor industry. We are but small fry in the big pond, but we do we can swing the fish by the tail....lol..give HHO a chance and you will get more than a new torch to play with.... by the way several cases of testing have been done with just the addition of HHO gas to a normally carbureated engine that does not have Computer controlled management, and the addition of HHO alone has seen the engine at idle....increase and run smoother.....without any one touching the gas pedal or alter the carb settings....HHO does make an engine run hotter, and it does not take heaps of energy to produce gas....

Last edited:
hi! i found a new site already...... http://www.hhoforums.com/

:) :)
yeah mate have all of those sites and more...I have been on this search and find mission for five months now...and have heaps more...but limit myself to the really good stuff...and am now just building my first generator...after seeing all the crazy ideas out there..and after reading past all the 'scams' multilevel selling ones too....taking it slow and easy and wanting to get it right first time....

linchiek

Joined Jul 23, 2008
yeah mate have all of those sites and more...I have been on this search and find mission for five months now...and have heaps more...but limit myself to the really good stuff...and am now just building my first generator...after seeing all the crazy ideas out there..and after reading past all the 'scams' multilevel selling ones too....taking it slow and easy and wanting to get it right first time....
go to youtube.com and search for ZeroFossilFuel....

he got one nice HHO design...! 1 single generator capable of producing more than 1 liter of Brown's Gas per minute..! since it's difficult to get 316 grade of stainless steel, i'm ordering from US..... http://www.mcmaster.com/

linchiek

Joined Jul 23, 2008
Why do you feel 316 is required? That is, what in the chemistry of that alloy is so important?

John
it's more durable and cheaper than gold and titanium....

other metals still can be use for this purpose but the electrod won't last as long as stainless steel if the generator is used for a longer period...

u can used SS 304 if can't get 316.... cheaper also....

SS info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stainless_steel

SS 316 composition: http://www.azom.com/details.asp?ArticleID=863

linchiek

Joined Jul 23, 2008
dave...... actually u can get a simulation program to test the circuitry design... go google for PSPICE.... it's a freeware... still figuring how to use it and loading it's librabry files..... :D:D:D

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
it's more durable and cheaper than gold and titanium....

other metals still can be use for this purpose but the electrod won't last as long as stainless steel if the generator is used for a longer period...

u can used SS 304 if can't get 316.... cheaper also....

That's where you lost me in your earlier post. Your system does not have chloride ion, so I didn't see the need for 316. The other alloys are less expensive, easier to machine, and often more readily available. Is it worth the expense and time to get 316 shipped to you? Aircraft exhausts are often 321. You might be able to find some of that in salvage.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.