Sausage maker needs help!

bestcoast33

Joined Sep 28, 2014
Hello,

I hope that this is the appropriate forum for my questions. Firstly, I'm a chef and a farmer and not knowledgeable about circuits or wiring of any sort. We raise (pastured, happy) pigs on our farm in Western Canada and I'm interested in starting to make charcuterie. In order to do so, I need a space which maintains a temperature of 15deg celsius and 70% humidity. I've heard of people rewiring mini fridges in order to allow this. I recently bought a TH20 digital temperature/humidity controller and sensor (http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171391945442). The guy at my local electronics store also told me that I would need a relay (he gave me a Omron LY2J). I'm hoping to create a situation where I can set a temperature and humidity on the controller and then wire the compressor from my mini fridge and an external UV humidifier into the controller in order to maintain a constant temp/humidity. I've wired a power cable into 9 and 10 on my TH20 and the sensor into 2, 3, 4, 5. I'm a little nervous to continue though. How do I attach the relay and my fridge/humidifier? Again, if anybody has some clear answers they would be extremely appreciated. I'm pretty unaware of just *how* stupid my questions are seeming right now, so even a "hey man, check out this website/youtube tut" would also be very helpful.

Thanks everybody!

Aidan

P.S if you're from Vancouver, I'll hook you up with some Salami when I'm done!