Samsung LCD Color Problem LA40A610A3R

DjKrish

Joined Dec 18, 2010
My samsung LCD which is 2 years old having this problem recently. The TV is working fine with sound but only the color thingy is annoying me. Can anyone tell me what this problem could be? Please have a look at the pictures and advice. Could it be the mainboard problem?

Attachments

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
That's about all these things are made out of - one main board with micro-pitch SMD ICs on it. If you can find a qualified service station near you they may be able to estimate a repair cost but sadly it often ends up being half or more than the cost of a replacement TV.

It's getting to the point that you almost need a UPS on your TVs as I think power surges, brownouts and intermittent power failures are what's getting most of them.

DjKrish

Joined Dec 18, 2010
Amazingly they all failed just a few days apart. I'd recommend the extended warranty next time.
That's about all these things are made out of - one main board with micro-pitch SMD ICs on it. If you can find a qualified service station near you they may be able to estimate a repair cost but sadly it often ends up being half or more than the cost of a replacement TV.

It's getting to the point that you almost need a UPS on your TVs as I think power surges, brownouts and intermittent power failures are what's getting most of them.
I highly suspect the signal board and the mainboard. These 2 could be the culprit, but i could be wrong :S

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
Seek out some help and try the best on the internet as well, very few here are TV experts by any means and I sure don't qualify anymore. I'd also suggest writing to the manufacturer, sometimes if a set is only two years old they'll make an exception on the warranty if you word the letter correctly. The last thing they want is someone going around the internet badmouthing their products and Samsung is a reputable company.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
You sure own a lot of busted TVs.
LOL

I just cried a little..

LOL!

There is just something about the word "busted" when is comes to consumer goods.

funny.

Oh, geeez.

Yeah, I would say you are having a problem producing a particular color.

Her eyes do look attractive like that though. Maybe just enjoy it?

Last edited:

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Is there a saturation control on the TV you can adjust? I'm curious if you can turn down the saturation to see if the problem lessens. e.g. adjust toward black and white. Failing that, decrease contrast and maybe brightness a bit.

What are the adjustment options on the control panel?