samsung 50" tv no display

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
One place to start is to track down the service manual - it can be a challenge but it's out there - and find the troubleshooting instructions.

Or get out early and save your time - just replace it.

ericksmith

Joined Sep 2, 2013
Need help, anyone. My Samsung 50" tv has no display got audio. My model number is HLT5087SX
Hi,

You must send it back to the shop where you bought it as soon as possible. If you don't know much about these kind of displays it will result bad. You may lose your guarantee if you try to repair it. And worst scenario if you can't repair it, you will loose more money to take somoene to repair it.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Just last night I got lucky (thanks to the people at AAC). I looked inside a big screen TV with synchronization problems and saw a matched pair of swollen capacitors. :D

They will arrive tomorrow and I'll install them. If I'm lucky, that will cure the problem.

TANDBERGEREN

Joined Jan 20, 2014
Samsung are notorious for their underspec capasitors mounted all too close to heat disipating radiators all over the TVs.
Buy better caps and replace them all. (Should be around 10 pcs)
Also try to mount them a bit away from the radiators.
Better with some of the leads on top of the pcd and the capasitors body away from the radiators. Insulate exposed part of capasitor wiring for safety.
Good luck.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I'm with Max. Assume the simplest theory - the bulb burned out. No point to other diagnostic work until you rule that out.

Next step, if the bulb is OK, is the light engine. (This is a DLP TV.)