samsung 26inch LCD TV LA26B450C4

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by deejkl, Apr 22, 2013.

1. deejkl

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 22, 2013
    hello sir,
    It is possible to check inverter output with a multimeter ,I had a problem with 26 inch Samsung LCD TV, video & Sound is ok, but no backlight, pls help. Power supply and inverter is in the same PCB, it is possible to check the CCFL separately.

2. killivolt

Jan 10, 2010
    What I do is smell it. Most of the time it's the inverter. Also, check all the caps with an ESR meter in the secondary of the power supply. Unfiltered voltage from the power supply can cause problems, possibly damaging the inverter.

Others people may be more familiar with this and have more to offer you. As far as checking the backlight, you should get resistance on the heaters. They either work or don't.

deejkl likes this.
  3. sheldons

Oct 26, 2011
    with out a tester designed to test your backlights (of which there are a few to choose from-at work i use the zippy backlight tester which gives a go -no go test of your backlights)the only way is to physically remove your backlights and inspect them.you need to check you have your 24v supply for the invertor-check the on-off signal is present to actually switch the invertor on or off and you need to check the invertor tx thats fitted too for failures which is common-never connect your meter directly to the invertor op as there are high voltages present which will cost you a damaged meter every time....

4. deejkl

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 22, 2013
    when I disconnected cable from main board to the power supply board back light is on and off after 3,4 seconds, its not working when I connect back.