Samples from Texas Instruments?

sstbrg

Joined Nov 29, 2008
Hi, I heard that it's possible to order completely free samples from TI.
So I checked their site and found this: http://www.ti.com/sc/docs/sampfaq.htm

They're saying:
TI is pleased to provide free devices, order processing, and shipping for those who want hands-on experience with TI devices.

TI normally also pays customs fees. FedEx is the customs broker and charges these fees to TI. A few countries, like Russia and Ukraine, require the consignee to pay the duties or tariffs and do not allow TI to pay these fees. Also if your company uses a third party customs broker, then you will be charged the customs fees.

Some countries charge a value-added tax (VAT) or user tax. In these countries you may be required to pay these fees when the samples are delivered.
Now how do I find out if I have to pay anything other than VAT in my country (Israel) ???

Reshma

Joined Mar 11, 2007
I registered through my institute. I have been ordering free samples from TI for quite sometime. I never had to pay any charges as yet. The ordering process it quite simple and once you confirm the list of components to be ordered, you will get a mail from TI with the shipment tracking information.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Have you consulted with your Rabbi? If not, why not?

Rabbis generally know a lot about practical business matters. If they don't know the precise answer offhand, they can quickly get you in touch with any number of businessmen who can answer your question through experience.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Hey guess what...
I ordered my free samples today, and they emailed me confirming the shipping and tracking no..
TI's just great.. I am planning to build an android prototype with those samples :D.
Next task is to get my hands on some ARM μC's
Which will bring life to my Robot :p

sstbrg

Joined Nov 29, 2008
R!f@@ and Reshma, thanks for the replies. I'll order then. I just wasn't sure if a private person can order samples for free or not...

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I have been receiving TI samples for quite some time now. On their site, you have a sample shopping cart. You can get 8 items. Then click checkout, and they show up in the mail a few days later. free.

Be sure to notice what packaging you are getting. If you wanted PDIP and you get some severely small SMD packages, it is alot of eyestrain to make work.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
R!f@@ and Reshma, thanks for the replies. I'll order then. I just wasn't sure if a private person can order samples for free or not...
I believe you should be in some kind of company or institute to order 'em, as the field 'company' is marked important in the registration form

sstbrg

Joined Nov 29, 2008
It may be required in the registration form, but is it a requirement in reality?
Other way to put it, have you guys ordered the components for your private usage or have you ordered it for you company ?

Reshma

Joined Mar 11, 2007
Officially registered companies ?
Because anything can be written in that text field :p
I don't know if they allow only officially registered companies :) But the company field is mandatory. If you are a student, you can register through your institute and the shipment will be delivered to the institute address.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Have you consulted with your Rabbi? If not, why not?

Rabbis generally know a lot about practical business matters. If they don't know the precise answer offhand, they can quickly get you in touch with any number of businessmen who can answer your question through experience.
Don't think he's in FLA so finding a Rabbi may not be that easy. Yes here their on every corner, but leave FLA and you won't see one till you get to NY.