same pole generator help

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by wes, Feb 13, 2008.

1. wes

Thread Starter Active Member

Aug 24, 2007
    hi i was wondering would it be possible to create a generator with 2 permenat magnets with the same poles facing the rotor(2 norths) and for the rotor, it was just a two pole rotor and the cumuntator was like a ac one instead of a split cumuntator so that one pole on the motor was always connected to the same comuntator and never switched. or is there a generator like this already or would it just not work very well

2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Well, there are already alternators that produce AC and use non-segmented contacts called slip rings. Diodes to rectify the AC into DC are pretty cheap.

The idea of using only one pole of two magnets has a problem with leaking flux from the unused poles, and that only 1/2 the power would be produced. You might try it and see what happens...

3. mrmeval

Distinguished Member

Jun 30, 2006
  4. wes

Thread Starter Active Member

Aug 24, 2007
    oh well i'll try making one, but what if you use it as a motor then what do you think would happen if you just pulse the electromagnets so it is kinda like this motor( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNCV4Y6GaTA ) and i was wondering would it have a counter-emf i think it would cause doesnt just moving a coil by a magnet induce a voltage or in this case a counter-emf, but since it would be pulsed i'm sure about it.

5. thingmaker3

Retired Moderator

May 16, 2005
    Relative motion between a coil and a magnetic field induces emf across the coil. The emf is "back emf" only if the magnetic field came from the coil itself.

Please note, and note well, that trying to generate free energy from a motor driven magnetic monopole generator is a pipe-dream. John Bedini may (or may not) have been a decent acoustical engineer, but he was still a nut-bag!!