Saltiest Foods in the US

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by maxpower097, Dec 14, 2009.

1. maxpower097

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
  2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    For a bit of perspective, think back a bit. For many thousands of years, salting was about the only means of preserving meats. That might have put significantly more salt in the dietary intake.

Take a look at how much sodium you can get as MSG in a Mexican or Chinese restaurant. Best to drink lots of water and lay off the sodas.

3. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    True, sailors also used to drink rum because water would get contaminated so they probably took in a bit more of the creature then we do now too. Also take into account thousands of years ago 25 was considered old age. :)

I was just shocked how bad a Chicken salad sandwich was for yah.

4. Paulo540

Nov 23, 2009

True, but the term 'salad' when used by a fast food chain becomes:

'5 metric tons of partially hydrogenated cottonseed (wait, cotton isn't a vegetable!) oil mixed with milk, egg particulate and a feed store salt lick, lighty drizzled upon three square cms of lettuce residue'

5. Robin Mitchell

Oct 25, 2009
    I dont live in the US, i thought that it would have been anchovies or something. Personally, i love fast food :)
    I get a Mac Donalds twice a week, normaly chicken strips with a large fries lol. Im 16 and 10.5 stone, never lost or gained weight. Im very healthy and in perfect shape! Eat loads of veggi (but not much fruit).

Ps, I dont each much fruit because when mum buys it, never get eaten and thus rots, then we give that to the pigs or rheas

6. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Read the article one of the sandwiches is = to 9 large mcdonalds fries.

7. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Got some bad news for you. A lot of the problems with fat food is age related. As an adviser for DeMolay I hang around teens a lot, the amount they eat is legendary. Has to do with metabolism, around 30 or so your body needs about ½ the calories, but the appetite stays the same, so you put on weight, fast.