Saleae Logic Analyzer Clones

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
Open Workbench Logic Sniffer.

$50 + $5 shipping from China.

Open source hardware and software (SUMP.)

It's a PCB only, though. Not in a nice case or anything. And limited in memory and speed (100 MHz on 16 channels, 50 MHz on 32). 16 channels are available with a header and an additional 16 channels are available on an expansion header, which has to be added by yourself. Suitable for most people.

Got mine today.

tyblu

Joined Nov 29, 2010
Open Workbench Logic Sniffer.

$50 + $5 shipping from China.

Open source hardware and software (SUMP.)

It's a PCB only, though. Not in a nice case or anything. And limited in memory and speed (100 MHz on 16 channels, 50 MHz on 32). 16 channels are available with a header and an additional 16 channels are available on an expansion header, which has to be added by yourself. Suitable for most people.

Got mine today.
I also have this tool. The sample rate and memory are really quite good. A much better option than getting low end mixed-signal bench oscilloscopes.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
The problem with the Chinese units are they are Chinese. I have a Logic Cube. Nice device with lots of available protocols but the help files, error messages and support stink.

If I were to do it over again I would have bought the Saleae. Support is much better.

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
The problem with the Chinese units are they are Chinese. I have a Logic Cube. Nice device with lots of available protocols but the help files, error messages and support stink.
Umm... yeah, the design is from the USA. My board has "Copyright 2009-2010 Ian Lesnet Jack Gassett." It's open hardware, it's just made in China because it's cheap. The software is also open source, and I have used it; it's not in Chinglish, or anything like that.

If I were to do it over again I would have bought the Saleae. Support is much better.
Can't disagree with this - The open workbench sniffer is a mostly hacker's product. If you want something analysed now, and fast, you need a proper logic analyser.

Status
Not open for further replies.