Safety Reporting

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
One of the distinguishing aspects of this site is its concern over safety.

Forum members must not knowingly provide any information that may adversely affect another member; this includes, but is not restricted to, information that may potentially result in injury, death, damage or destruction of property and possessions. The administration takes this matter seriously and has the right to remove any contentious content and deal with the offending member as it deems is necessary.
That policy is usually cited in closing discussions of dangerous or unsafe devices, such as mains-powered devices that do not have isolation. But, our moderators can't be everywhere all of the time.

Suggestion:

Allow the "report" button

to be used for reporting safety concerns.

Currently, use of that button is restricted:
Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.
Adding "safety concerns" to the list of appropriate uses would allow timely notification of our moderators.

John

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/images/buttons/report.gif

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello John,

That is a good point you have there.
Safety is a must.
Also high voltage circuits can be of concern.
We do not want anybody to get hurt or even killed.

Greetings,
Bertus

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I've done it anyhow, common sense says if it is something the mods frown on then it is appropriate to notify them.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Problematic is defined as "harassment, fighting, or rude." There is no "et cetera," nor do I think there should be.

Safety is sufficiently important that it should be explicitly stated on a level with spam and advertising.

John

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I suggest that "swearing" needs to be added to the list.

Instead, perhaps "certain offensive words" could simply be added to the filter to remove them, which would remove the necessity of Moderator intervention. Anything that would lighten the load of the Moderators is a good thing in my book.

I inform new members (when appropriate) that the forums are strictly [G] rated. It would be a shame for this site to be filtered due to inappropriate language.