Safety Forum

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
It isn't that hard. People muddle the issue with what ifs and what not, but our moderators have tried very hard to draw that line.

The reason I wanted a closed Safety Forum is too many new folks (and trolls) abuse the privilege. It was what got the last high voltage thread closed. Usually, when someone has a high post count, they care enough about this site to keep it real and civil.

When I started this effort of formalizing the rules in Things that close your thread, at least on person got banned from overreacting to what should have been a civil discussion for some fairly obvious circumstances. It is the starting point of several threads on the subject. There seems to be something in people that object to being told what to do, or more importantly, what they can not do. While the site is open and friendly, fundamentally it is not a democracy, it is owned by someone who is providing it as a public service.

I don't know if the concept of a Safety forum is possible, so I've got another approach going. So, who would want in this discussion if it were to happen?

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
This Is a Forum for Engineers and want a be engineers. The Engineers that went
before you have made you obsolete.Start with your shoes walk across your carpet or
wood floors If you can afford it.Let lonely loosewire know the safety faults you find
If you have not touch It.check out all your plastic appliances.Let me know all the
hazards you find not man made.

Last edited: