RTD and Rex-C100 PID

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Hiltjere, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Hiltjere

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 14, 2014
    Hello everyone.
    I am building a 3D-printer with multiple extruders and run up on a problem. I was hoping to use these cheap Rex-C100 temperature controllers on my project with PT100 RTD chips but even though the controllers should support both thermocouples and RTDs I can't get a reading with a RTD. TCs work fine, and the connectors for the RTDs react too when I just put a piece of wire btween them. I tried to find a setting from the device for choosing between TC and RTD but in my model there is no such options.

If somebody has been running a Rex-C100 with RTDs I would be very thankful for some advise.

Thanks!

2. ebeowulf17

Aug 12, 2014
    Looking at the datasheet online, it appears that the product line covers both thermocouples and RTDs, but any given unit is configured for only one type of input. What is the complete model number for your C100? The second, third, and fourth digits after "C100" indicate the input type and range.

3. ebeowulf17

Aug 12, 2014
  4. Hiltjere

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 14, 2014
    thanks for the reply. It really starts to look like I just bought six of these that don't support the RTDs even though the selling information declared the units to do exactly that. Also in my model Rex-C100FK02-M*AN the menu is different. I have been going through probably 5 operating guides of different models of Rex-C100s but nowhere have I found the way to change the input type, which has led me to think it changes automatically when a certain sensor is connected to the device, but that seems not to be the case neither. There are connecting guides for both types of sensors in the units, but there is also + and - signs for the ac source :D

On one forum a guy told me the original ones from Japan could be modificated to handle RTDs even though they were for TCs only. Quite frustrating. Maybe I should looked at the Sesto's equals a bit longer...