RPM Controlled Lighting System Help

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Thex12, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thex12

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 22, 2012
    Hello all,

This is my first post so I hope this is the correct place. I'll begin by stating I have very basic knowledge regarding circuits so with that in mind I hope to find a way to produce an RPM controlled lighting system that can be installed on a motorcycle.

My idea is to splice into the RPM signal sending wire and use that signal to control the intensity of a bank of L.E.D. lights. With this system the L.E.Ds would become brighter or dimmer in correlation with engine speed. In a nutshell the RPM signal would act like a dimmer switch for the L.E.Ds.

I can only offer the most basic idea of how this circuit would be set up, but it would require the RPM input, an input for the motorcycles 12v power source, and output for the intensified/dimmed signal which would go to the L.E.Ds.

Please let me know if designing a circuit like this would be too difficult for someone with little electronics background or requiring more complicated components than can be purchased at say, Radio Shack.

Thanks again for your time.
  2. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    It's quite easy.

The million dollar question is will this thread stay alive for u to build it.

Read the Tos lately ?
  3. bertus

Apr 5, 2008

I am closing this thread as it violates AAC policy and/or safety issues.

This comes from our Tos:
    Terms of Service
    There will be enough sites where automotive questions can be discussed :
    Member selected automotive forums

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.