RP-TNC Female to Female?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Robert.Adams, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Robert.Adams

Thread Starter Active Member

Feb 16, 2010
    I have recently acquired a ThingMagic Mercury4 RFID reader and a pair of M/A-COM 902-928 MHz North American RFID antennas.

I do not however have a connector for the reader to the antennas. It seems I need a female RP-TNC to female RP-TNC connector, but I'm not sure. I can not seem to find this configuration on ebay.

Can anyone help me?

2. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
  3. Robert.Adams

Thread Starter Active Member

Feb 16, 2010
    I did notice those, but they won't be enough for my setup. The reader and the antenna are big and require at least some distance to separate them.

I could get the cables and adapters, but I was looking for cables that would make the adapter unnecessary.

4. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    Well, if that's not going to do it for you, then either have Pomona Electronics make up some cables to your specifications, or you could go over to Mouser.com and buy some TNC to SMA adapters, some SMA to semirigid coax connectors and some semirigid coax, and make up whatever length you need.

5. retched

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 5, 2009
  6. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    Retched,
    That's RP TNC one end, but N on the other. He needs RP TNC both ends.

Another way to go might be to get a couple of RP TNC to BNC adapters, and just use standard BNC test cables between the two. More loss than using the TNC to SMA and semirigid, but no fabrication involved.

7. retched

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 5, 2009
    My bad. What I was trying to get at was he could use a male - female cable and adapt the male end usind the f-f adapter.