Rotating parts in Eagle to 45 degrees?

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Hi, I have a SMD chip that would fit better in 45' rotation (as many quad flat chips are done) and can't work out how to do it in Eagle.

Does anyone know how to do this? It's an older version of Eagle so I'm not sure if this is a feature not supported.

BSomer

Joined Dec 28, 2011
This can be done a few different ways.

1. Right click on the part of your choice, select properties, change the angle in the properties dialog box.

--or--

2. Use the "move" tool, select the part, in the upper left corner there should be a tool bar (parameters tool bar) that shows the angle drop down menu. Select the angle of choice there.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Two working solutions, thank you both for your prompt replies. :)

I'm a little embrassed having never needed to do this before, nor having a clue that degree-rotation was possible! I've always used the "pickup and right click" method to rotate a part in 90' steps.

Thank you very much guys.

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Two working solutions, thank you both for your prompt replies. :)

I'm a little embrassed having never needed to do this before, nor having a clue that degree-rotation was possible! I've always used the "pickup and right click" method to rotate a part in 90' steps.

Thank you very much guys.

Thank you also for clearing an issue I had with a board I was working on, was having a heck of a time trying to route traces on both sides of an ic (44 Pin TQFP package), then I read your post and it was like an "A-HA!" moment when I realized I could turn it at an angle to get to all the pins, sometimes even the simplest things are overlooked when you have a million things going in your mind at once....:D