Rolles Royce Engines Sending Out Signals

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Completely erroneous and disproven by known facts.
From the nytimes:
The plane took off at 12:41 a.m. on March 8 carrying 239 people headed for Beijing and reached a cruising altitude of 35,000 feet at 1:01 a.m. Six minutes later, at 1:07 a.m., the Malaysian authorities say, the plane sent its last Acars message, which reported nothing amiss.
The authorities have not specified what time the last verbal exchange between the cockpit and the air traffic controllers took place. But Mr. Hishammuddin’s statement means it would have occurred between 1:08 a.m. and 1:21 a.m., when the plane’s transponder stopped transmitting and ground control lost contact with the jet.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/18/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/
The Thai military was receiving normal flight path and communication data from the Boeing 777-200 on its planned March 8 route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing until 1:22 a.m., when it disappeared from its radar.

Six minutes later, the Thai military detected an unknown signal, a Royal Thai Air Force spokesman told CNN. This unknown aircraft, possibly Flight 370, was heading the opposite direction.
1:07 am : Acars (Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System) last message. If there is no emergency it will send the next message 30min later at 1:37.
This is a packet digital system on HF/VHF or Satcom that shares the frequency with others so it's not transmitting at all times.
1:19 am : Last verbal message sent.
1:22 am : Transponders off
1:28 am : plane turns around
1:37 am : No message from Acars.

It's very possible that the same event (accident or human intervention) that took out the transponders at 1:22 also disabled the voice systems and Acars at the same time. If the pilots were busy with a fire in the cockpit or other emergency that required them to move from the flight consoles, quickly punching in a location (that might have been a preprogrammed 'bugout' location) and letting the plane fly on auto to a possible landing location is not a outlandish possibility.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...plane-be-skeptical-what-you-hear-about-mh370/

http://www.airtrafficmanagement.net/2014/03/mh370-satcoms-101/

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
The only thing I believe about this is that a person or persons intentionally diverted that airplane. The, "why" of it is still a mystery. It could be anything from stealing the airplane for their own use to blowing it up where nobody can find the debris.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Can't be. The guy on the other forum says it's sitting at a Pakistani airport being loaded with HE with the Al Qaeda pilots doing flight training on it......
So you're saying that some terrorists might have actually figured out that by keeping their mouth shut it makes executing their plans far easier. :rolleyes:

Well that would be one very effective way to put the whole world into an outright panic!

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
The news has reported that someone on a small Island called the Maldives spotted

a low flying plane. I think we have a member near that Island ,maybe there talk on

the Island about this plane.

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
So you're saying that some terrorists might have actually figured out that by keeping their mouth shut it makes executing their plans far easier. :rolleyes:

Well that would be one very effective way to put the whole world into an outright panic!
No, I was saying that I hope they find the wreckage soon because the conspiracy stories are getting ridiculous.

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
The news has reported that someone on a small Island called the Maldives spotted

a low flying plane. I think we have a member near that Island ,maybe there talk on

the Island about this plane.
CORRECT. And the location was right about where the steep west turn was taken which indicates they may have been going below radar.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
CORRECT. And the location was right about where the steep west turn was taken which indicates they may have been going below radar.
http://www.smh.com.au/world/missing...ssible-location-for-mh370-20140319-hvkjq.html

There is very little confirmed information about possible locations of the plane other than what's been obtained from EM signatures from radar and satellite transponder signals.

I don't have clue about where the plane is but I've been in that area before and it's very far away from the initial turns:
https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf...=us&ei=XRIqU7bODYSFogTrqIG4Bg&ved=0CCYQ8gEwAA

Last edited:

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
http://www.smh.com.au/world/missing...ssible-location-for-mh370-20140319-hvkjq.html

There is very little confirmed information about possible locations of the plane other than what's been obtained from EM signatures from radar and satellite transponder signals.
If you watched the news tonight, you would have seen that the search area has been dramatically shrunk based on information supplied by the US. As I said from day one, I believe they know where the plane went down but can not disclose it without jeopardizing the data gathering systems they do not want to admit exist. All they admit is that it is "refined" data based on the satellite pings.

This is going as I predicted: over time, they will feed info to the searchers and get the naval search vessels into the area to "find" the aircraft residue.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
If you watched the news tonight, you would have seen that the search area has been dramatically shrunk based on information supplied by the US. As I said from day one, I believe they know where the plane went down but can not disclose it without jeopardizing the data gathering systems they do not want to admit exist. All they admit is that it is "refined" data based on the satellite pings.

This is going as I predicted: over time, they will feed info to the searchers and get the naval search vessels into the area to "find" the aircraft residue.
You can believe whatever you want but I can say without any reservations that if we knew where that plane was the information would have been released without sources and methods ASAP. Once this plane left primary radar coverage on the coast it went into the noise level without active comms when looked at with the type of sensors used to detect possible real-time long-range military threats or even snoop communications. I'm not shocked at the level of ignorance of our capabilities about what's possible as we want it to be that way but those of us who have had the honor of keeping our nation safe in the past and have had any involvement with these types of systems in that area (like I have long ago) know our guys are working 7/24 busting their humps sifting through massive amounts of data to find that plane.

I've done several tours of IO duty for the military and worked on the 'rock' as a civilian so I do have personal knowledge of the huge distances that need to be narrowed down in a search even if you can refine that 'fix' to something better than random chance. I hope we do have a better idea today on where it's at.
http://www.afr.com/p/world/china_offer_on_expanded_southern_431fBHBkF3xXTJV38k9fzN

Attachments

Last edited:
CNN is finally reporting a huge piece of floating debris adrift off the coast of Australia, with a flotilla of ships converging on the area, as dawn approaches there.

Looks like this baffling puzzle will soon be solved after all.

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
You can believe whatever you want but I can say without any reservations that if we knew where that plane was the information would have been released without sources and methods ASAP.
You can believe what you want. I know that the US government would not jeopardize their dark systems just for a plane that probably hit the water at 500 mph and had zero chance of survivors.

Interestingly:

Funny how the information seems to be coming out "in stages" so as not to point directly at the US.

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
CNN is finally reporting a huge piece of floating debris adrift off the coast of Australia, with a flotilla of ships converging on the area, as dawn approaches there.

Looks like this baffling puzzle will soon be solved after all.
How funny.... the search area "shrinks" based on US intel input and the wreckage finally shows up.

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
The precursor to the "finding" was earlier:

Search for Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Drastically Narrows

American and British aviation officials have refined satellite signals from the missing Malaysia Flight 370 and created two possible flight paths that dramatically narrow the scope of the search to an area off the coast of Australia.
days after the world searches for the plane..... the US and Britain figured out a way to "refine" the signals.

OK. Nothing to see here.....

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
There was nothing 'dark' (black is the proper word) about the origin of that signal and the methods we used to 'refine' the signals if you understand the basic physics of EM energy. The current satellite that pinged the plane in flight is a old bird that's near end of life so maybe they are letting it move a little more than normal from a perfect orbit daily to extend the station-keeping fuel so maybe you use the slight circular movement of a geosynchronous bird to generate addition fix data if you had a very high precision measurement standard to compare its signals to. If the plane was moving you might be able to use Doppler effect hints to give an idea of speed and some direction of travel in addition to just range. The possibility of a deep IO splash was been in the cards for at least a week due to simple logical deduction of the then known facts.

Last edited:

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
There was nothing 'dark' (black is the proper word) about the origin of that signal and the methods we used to 'refine' the signals if you understand the basic physics of EM energy.
To be blunt, I don't believe anything the government says about this matter as to how the information was obtained. here is what I know:

The greatest terrorist attack on my country was mounted using hijacked civilain aircraft. That still remains the single biggest threat to us.

That given, it is unbelievable to me that in the last decade, they have not implemented a "wide dispersal" information gathering net for such information. Computers are very good at sorting things such as: flight XYZ was scheduled to fly from Australia to Bejing, it should be within this area at these times... IS IT?

And then flagging when a set of data bits do not conform to predicted pattern then a human examines the data and evaluates.

The US government just was humiliated in front of the world when it was revealed they have been gathering phone data on just about every citizen in the US as well as leaders of foreign countries. They are a bit SENSITIVE right now, so obviously they are not going to reveal there are systems in place to track commercial aircraft.

IMHO, the data on the plane will be fed out over time and whatever system is in place will be denied which is as it should be.

With all due respect, you have to allow for the obvious possibility that there are a great many things being done in this area which were not shared with you. Which is also as it should be since this would be best kept secret.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
With all due respect, you have to allow for the obvious possibility that there are a great many things being done in this area which were not shared with you. Which is also as it should be since this would be best kept secret.
I don't expect it to be fully shared to anyone in the area but a full partner like Australia who could easily use parallel construction on information gleamed from classified sources to quickly release search information on possible locations but your implication that we are/were somehow intentionally slowing down the investigation is repugnant. The NSA warrantless domestic spying is also repugnant and is counter to the long term national security IMO.

I mainly blame the inept Malaysian investigators on wasting search time and resources in areas they were being told many days ago were wrong by the engineers at Inmarsat who handed them a chart with ping points and arcs of possible locations. We might have 'refined' that location but they were pretty close to the southern track that's now being searched.

The BBC is reporting that British satellite company Inmarsat said there were very strong indications 10 days ago that the plane would be found either in the southern part of the Indian Ocean or in Central Asia, and not in the South China Sea or the Malacca Straits where Malaysian authorities continued to search. Inmarsat says it learned on 11 March that the plane had continued to fly for seven hours or more but Malaysian authorities continued to search in the South China Sea and Malacca Strait. The company has gone public with the information because of concerns over the way the search operation has been handled.
I think we've done a pretty good job internally (USA) over the last decade WRT hijacked civilian aircraft and even the operators in Asia knew that plane was off track in minutes (searching for plane after transponder signal was lost). That part of the world is a mess with most countries hating their neighbors and odds of them sharing details about their capabilities to track aircraft with each other is zero.

Last edited: