Rolles Royce Engines Sending Out Signals

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Nothing posted about the missing plane ,just wondering why. With all the

new electronic signals and computer things involved. The perfect code

to divert a 727 off the face of the earth. Most passengers were electronic

experts capable of Important work ,just wondering.

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
I've heard all different types of rumors, speculations, and several possible locations, of that plane.
Forged and fraudulent passports?
You'd think they could have located the remains by now.:confused:
Hard to say what exactly happened.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
The people that was hooked on "lost " the t.v. show will want to know the ending.

What if they never get it.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
As a person who was indeed hooked on "LOST", I can say with certainty that I don't want to know the ending.
It will probably be as underwhelming and dragged on as the show's ending.

monster_catfish

Joined Mar 17, 2011
If there is any veracity to the reports suggesting that some manner of telemetry data continued to be transmitted by the missing jet even after both the ACARS and transponders were turned off by a person on the flight deck who also veered the airplane away from its normal flight path, AND if there is any truth to the suggestion that the 777 was parked on the ground when a portion of that data stream was received, then the mystery of Flight 370 is likely to inspire more varied and outlandish conspiracy theories than any event since the day of the Grassy Knoll.

monster_catfish

Joined Mar 17, 2011

(just saying extraterrestrials have visited Earth for millions of years.)
Conventional wisdom is that the little green men will only be interested in being taken to our leader, if and when they arrive, so I won't be in a hurry to blame them for this disappearance, unless of course they officially claim responsibility in a language I can understand.

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
my son and I were driving in wichita ks saturday, and haqppened to go by Jabara arport, the 777 wasnt there, we had to check because of the airports attraction for way too large planes, a modified 747 "dream lifter" landed there already this year. must have been a shock, a huge plane like that on the short, narrow runway.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
If there is any veracity to the reports suggesting that some manner of telemetry data continued to be transmitted by the missing jet even after both the ACARS and transponders were turned off by a person on the flight deck who also veered the airplane away from its normal flight path, AND if there is any truth to the suggestion that the 777 was parked on the ground when a portion of that data stream was received, then the mystery of Flight 370 is likely to inspire more varied and outlandish conspiracy theories than any event since the day of the Grassy Knoll.
Unfortunately 'pings' (link protocol layer transmissions not controlled from a ACARS controller module that might be turned off) from a stacom transceiver (on the main power buss and still running) captured by one geostationary bird at the edge of it's coverage still generates a huge arc of possible positions (unilateration/near or far) that can't be used to narrow the flight path just from that information. You need extra timing data from separate points to use Multilateration/TDOA with fixed detectors in space.

One thing we might be able to deduce from a single detector at that distance is if the plane seemed stationary (at the same measured distance) over several pings. It could mean the plane is circling at a point, landed or is following the arc path while flying.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
my son and I were driving in wichita ks saturday, and haqppened to go by Jabara arport, the 777 wasnt there, we had to check because of the airports attraction for way too large planes, a modified 747 "dream lifter" landed there already this year. must have been a shock, a huge plane like that on the short, narrow runway.
I also checked in and around my shop. Not here either but I wouldn't mind having some 300 tons of aircraft grade aluminum alloys to scrap out! :D

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I've heard all different types of rumors, speculations, and several possible locations, of that plane.
Forged and fraudulent passports?
You'd think they could have located the remains by now.:confused:
I believe they have, but have to proceed carefully because of concern about classified disclosures. They can't reveal what systems are in place that monitor such things without compromising security. I suspect they will send search vessels into the area and let them "find" it after sufficient time has elapsed.

Unfortunately 'pings' (link protocol layer transmissions not controlled from a ACARS controller module that might be turned off) from a stacom transceiver (on the main power buss and still running) captured by one geostationary bird at the edge of it's coverage still generates a huge arc of possible positions (unilateration/near or far) that can't be used to narrow the flight path just from that information. You need extra timing data from separate points to use Multilateration/TDOA with fixed detectors in space.

One thing we might be able to deduce from a single detector at that distance is if the plane seemed stationary (at the same measured distance) over several pings. It could mean the plane is circling at a point, landed or is following the arc path while flying.

Thanks for this explanation, Nsaspook. The nature of the aircraft "locator beacon" transmissions that have been mentioned by the news media, and how that data was being decoded, were something of a mystery to me before I read through this description you have given.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Thanks for this explanation, Nsaspook. The nature of the aircraft "locator beacon" transmissions that have been mentioned by the news media, and how that data was being decoded, were something of a mystery to me before I read through this description you have given.
My understanding is that the satcom transceiver modules are directly on the engine FADEC power buss on most modern planes (there is no manual override) , so if there was a electrical (from any cause) problem that shutdowns the normal pilot and ATC communications on the plane they would still be online to transmit data. (send engine or maintenance data if you are a subscriber or 'ping' the link if you are not)

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
This pilot did all the right things. He was confronted by some major event onboard that made him make that immediate turn back to the closest safe airport.
Completely erroneous and disproven by known facts. It has already been confirmed that the aircraft executed the turn to the west as a result of previous input to the navigation system. Further, the co pilot gave his verbal "OK, good night." report back AFTER the turn had been executed and after the transponder had been disabled. catastrophic failure event is ruled out by the sequence of events.

http://pamelageller.com/2014/03/first-turn-missing-planes-path-programmed-computer.html/

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/17/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-flight.html?_r=0

A signaling system was disabled on the missing Malaysia Airlines jet before a pilot spoke to air traffic control without mentioning any trouble, a senior Malaysian official said Sunday, reinforcing theories that one or both of the pilots may have been involved in diverting the plane and adding urgency to the investigation of their pasts and possible motivations.

Last edited:

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
We've already seen demonstrations of someone hacking the controls of a cruise ship. Do you think it would more difficult to hack a fly by wire aircraft?

We've also seen jamming GPS signals to drive someone off-course. That too is a possibility.

I'd hate to think of either scenario happening. Local jamming of GPS has been around for over two decades. You can't get more local than inside an airplane.