Roland Keyboard headache.!

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Hey Guys.

I am going to change my professionalism...!:D

I am into music now..but have big messy issues.

Quick version...
Any body out there using a Roland XP50 keyboard.
Need some advice on this darn thing.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Are you going to "back up" Loosie at the Elbo Room, on open mike night?

To answer your original question - "Roland keyboard headache", most people use their fingers instead of their head when playing.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Did not get me huh!

I am fixing a Roland XP50.

They say it can't be done. They say if mobo is faulty, no one can fix it. They say a whole lot more.

I say, bite me. :D

Got my hands on this baby. It's making all kinds of white noise instead of freakin' tone :eek:...! I play, & all I get is HiSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Worst part is over. I fixed it. It's like new now. I got me some fancy ass kicking piano banging sessions.

Truth is, I dunno jack about PLAYING a keyboard.
I am like a toddler. ping..ping..ping..! :confused:.

Anyways, I need to know if there is any one out there with any info on these babies. Mostly on the Xpansion cards.

I can't seem to get the World card working.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Have you located the service manual. This will describe some self tests. In order to locate the error. However older Roland ICs are quite hard to locate

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Why you..!?

That thing is stinkin gorilla and I am no Indian.

By theway...The keyboard plays well. The thing is no Xpander card is working. How do u fix em cards anyways. They are full of ROM's I think. T06, don't u dare start. I mean it.

Any one got some world and techno cards for cheap ?

By the way me got a XP 60 now.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Why you..!?

That thing is stinkin gorilla and I am no Indian.

By theway...The keyboard plays well. The thing is no Xpander card is working. How do u fix em cards anyways. They are full of ROM's I think. T06, don't u dare start. I mean it.

Any one got some world and techno cards for cheap ?

By the way me got a XP 60 now.
I guess it was some similarities. Just like Koko. You would have realized some lack of basic talent. And just as Koko started to hit on the nearest girl instead. Well back to your electronic problem. If all expander cards give problems. I would have looked at the buffer circuits on the expander card unit also the connectors.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Here's the thing..It came with 3 Expansion cards. Pop, techno, & world.
The mobo was in pretty bad shape. It was in the cellar for like a decade. So all the caps were urinating
I got the thing running but the world card ain't working. All the slots are working. I know this when I swap them around.

Main problem is the owner brought a lotta cards, and none of them work in this thing but they say the cards are working, though I haven't seen it my self. So I dunno what to decide. Is it firmware issue or not or what.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Some body might telling me how to fix an LCD.

Don't gimme the don't I know how crap !:cool:

I know how to fix but I dunno how to locate the stuff here.
See the attached, the LCD itself is fine, I can see the characters, but barely.
I striped off the aged papers tht reflects and refract the sunlight.

LCD is cleaned and working.
Now I like to know what I would need to see the characters. That is what sorta paper thingy is needed behind the lcd. Is it possible for me to find anything locally.

Now u guys know what I am trying to do, being where I am.

Attachments

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
The paper you are talking about may be a reflective surface in order to send the light back. It is long time since I did some work with LCDs besides repalceing them. But will it improve if you held a mirror behind the LCD. From what I remember then taking LCDs apart(and not getting them back in order) It was some always some paper behind. With a surface quite similar to the the surface that you see inside a aluminium soda can. Hope this may be of some help. But I have a feeling you do not know...:p

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
RM, it's not a contrast issue.

It's the reflective paper pasted at the back of the LCD that has worn out.