RMF69HW/HCW capabilities

Discussion in 'Wireless & RF Design' started by sid1202, Sep 8, 2016.

1. sid1202

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 25, 2016
    I recently got a pair to RMF69HCW radios. The datasheet states the its capable of up to 300kbps. but it seams that the highest transfer rate achievable is only about 16kbps. I'm trying to find a site that pushed this radio to is limits and details the settings used to achieve it.

Maybe there is someone here that played with these radios and would accept sharing some information ?

Regards,
    Sidney

2. sid1202

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 25, 2016
    Hi guys,

Let me explain what I'm trying to do maybe it will clarify things.

My shop is to fare for wireless unless I got high end which is very costly. Wired, which I try to avoid. The house sensors will all send data to a local interface. It will "massage" the data and send it to the shop's interface through the bridge and vise versa. This way whether I'm at the shop or the house I can the state of all my sensors. I'll also have one device as a remote interface. This one will be low speed for greater range and will only give me critical information unless I explicitly request it to get detailed information for a particular system.

Each subnet will be layered. I'll have a coupe of complex enclosed system that will have a few nodes wired together with one node as a gateway. All nodes in a room will communicate through IR to a higher level gateway. Each room/area's gateways will communicates to the interface via radio (more economical than Bluetooth or wifi too) I'd like to be able to transmit security images from the shop to the house, and be able to speak to customers or intruders at the shop from the house.

I breadboarded several systems. I've sent and received data structures both ways successfully. Even tested my remote to over 1000 feet with just a wire antenna and in the middle of the house at ground level. So with a external antenna on the roof, I should get really good coverage. But and when I calculate the time it would take to transfer a jpeg, the radio's would be pegged for to long. Also, If I want to send speech I need to get 57.x kp/s minimum. Ideally 64kp/s.

Since most people using the radios are most interested in range and precise transmission, finding how to configure for that is easy. There are even many tweaks on the web for many particular situation. I found one than communicates with a micro satellite at very low bandwidth. On the other hand, I haven't found any projects that *successfully* used the full bandwidth capacity of the radio in short range when power is no object. so finding the right settings, at the very least close enough, has been a nightmare.

I found all I need to use the managers, and configure all the other nodes and even how to implement networks. The only part I'm stuck on the the bridge.

I hope someone can shed light on this.

Regards,
    Sidney