Right side of Amp STK 4141 is not muting

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by jaspalgarde, Feb 10, 2014.

1. jaspalgarde

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 9, 2014
    I have check volume controler. All the cap, reg and so full circut still while in cold start of my amp the left side gets mute and the right side does not mute at all. I have also changed all cap. In circut.. And when circut heats up then it can be muted both sides...
    plz help

2. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    There are muting transistors on most hifi sets.

I would need to see the circuit to tell you what to look for.

You need to post good pictures of the PCB

jaspalgarde likes this.
  3. jaspalgarde

Feb 9, 2014
    Please do the need full am total stuck right now check the Attach for the Imgs of amp....

4. jaspalgarde

Feb 9, 2014
    I am just connecting it direct from DVD output without any trible bass circut when I instald it 1st few days it workd good but after that now during cold start am able to mute only one side of my amp another side of amp is not muting , but there is no distrotion in sound, music is perfect...

5. jaspalgarde

Feb 9, 2014
    And sorry for late reply

6. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    There is not a transistor any where !!

What about the bottom picture ? The solder side.

What do you mean by muting ?

I thought it was muting by itself.

jaspalgarde likes this.
  7. jaspalgarde

Feb 9, 2014
    and exact issue is like when I Start my amplifer when its cold than am able to control only left side of amp. The right side is on full volume and after sum time when it heat up am able to control both sides. And muting I mean to mute my speakers. Help me

8. jaspalgarde

Feb 9, 2014
    I have grounded full circuit, changd caps, using metalic cabin still the same situation. :(

9. jaspalgarde

Feb 9, 2014
    during my check on leg no. 8 of the amp I got one cap, with 63v and 10uf this cap is used for purty of voltage as per data sheet and i found that this cap is not discharging at all for long time even i have change this cap with new one and a reg with 520k on same line still the problem is there.

10. Denesius

Feb 5, 2014
    I don't see where a capacitor would heat up & alter the situation. Looking at your board, the only thing that would (should?) heat up would be the main chip. Broadly speaking, I'd guess the problem is in the soldering job on one of the legs, or within the chip itself. As a solution, go thru & reflow all of the solder on the legs of the chip (careful not to create any bridges), and if that doesn't work, get your hands on some freeze spray, get the circuit working normally, and then go thru & spray individual components until the problem reappears. I'd start with the big chip, then the diodes, lastly the other components.

jaspalgarde likes this.
  11. tubeguy

Nov 3, 2012
    I found a datasheet which shows the chip has only one mute input (pin 6).
    So, the problem would be in the chip itself.

jaspalgarde likes this.
  12. jaspalgarde

Feb 9, 2014
    Yeah ur correct ok I would be going through again with all the components of amp.

13. jaspalgarde

Feb 9, 2014
    Agree with you also that pin no.6 is the muting thing but its for muting the un nessary sound made by Ic like when it start up and swith off. Achual issue can be of Ic also I would change it and see thank u...

14. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    You have to check the STK to confirm.
    Change it and check.

jaspalgarde likes this.
  15. jaspalgarde

Feb 9, 2014
    At last I found the problem achully issue was with the volume controler the controler was broken. As I have change it all is well now thanks all of u... :)

16. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    That was different.
    You said it's OK when hot.

Oh well. A lesson learned.

jaspalgarde likes this.
  17. jaspalgarde

Feb 9, 2014
    Yup a gud lesson, but thankx all u for suggetion.