rifles and guns

CDRIVE

Joined Jul 1, 2008
Oh, I see. One less man with PTSD if you ask me. Glad to hear you didn't go.
I started a rather lengthy reply to this statement but trashed it because I like it here on AAC and would hate to be banned.

I do have a question though. Would you think less of Sgt. Wookie if he had?

Still, there's that nagging little voice that's saying "Don't go there Chris"!

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
I am not sure of the rights and wrongs of that war. I think though that in the end that we have to have respect for anyone who was caught up in it, whether an unwilling draftee, or a career soldier intent on doing his duty. Consider the potential cost of life, limb, or mental health which they all risked. Could we all be sure of having the strength to do likewise?

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I started a rather lengthy reply to this statement but trashed it because I like it here on AAC and would hate to be banned.

I do have a question though. Would you think less of Sgt. Wookie if he had?

Still, there's that nagging little voice that's saying "Don't go there Chris"!
No, I don't think I would think different of Wookie if he ended up in the war, provided that he would have the exact same presence in the forum.

I 'd hate to go into another political debate, so please let it drop. Politics are restricted in AAC lately anyway. Too many misunderstandings and fallouts have occurred because of them within the forum.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
I concur with georacer.
[EDIT]
by that I mean that if he was still the same Wookie we know and love, I wouldn't think less about him simply because he was in Vientam.
I have no experience, and neither right nor basis to judge what happens in the Marines.

Last edited:

CDRIVE

Joined Jul 1, 2008
No, I don't think I would think different of Wookie if he ended up in the war, provided that he would have the exact same presence in the forum.
That's quite magnanimous of you. I rarely come over to the chat section.. but for sure, if I ever get wind of another remark about Vietnam vets as being synonymous with PTSD, I'll be back .. and firing for effect. :(

The end.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I just got back form the grocery story. Talk about post-traumatic shopping disorder. Wow. Prices have increased 50%. Can I get a disability payment?

John

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I just got back form the grocery story. Talk about post-traumatic shopping disorder. Wow. Prices have increased 50%. Can I get a disability payment?

John
Hear, Hear!

Thats what im talking about. $3.88 a gallon for gasoline.

Post-traumatic shopping disorder!

VoodooMojo

Joined Nov 28, 2009
I was thinking that Wookie would be a bit more upset by the assumption he was in the Army (lower case A to boot) when we all have seen his Blue Dress A avatar thousands of times than the PTSD comment:(

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
That's quite magnanimous of you. I rarely come over to the chat section.. but for sure, if I ever get wind of another remark about Vietnam vets as being synonymous with PTSD, I'll be back .. and firing for effect. :(

The end.
You misunderstood my comment. I didn't mean to accuse any veteran for anything. Those that came back with PTSD were victims of the war too, and by no means I assumed that they brought it upon themselves.

I apologise for any sore feelings that I may have caused.

@VoodooMojo
I didn't quite understand what you were talking about. Care to explain?

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
You misunderstood my comment. I didn't mean to accuse any veteran for anything. Those that came back with PTSD were victims of the war too, and by no means I assumed that they brought it upon themselves.

I apologise for any sore feelings that I may have caused.

@VoodooMojo
I didn't quite understand what you were talking about. Care to explain?
Wookie is a Marine, not in the Army.
You may not be familiar with the US armed forces

not sure what the capitalization comment is referencing.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Sgt is that 1903 a 2 groove? They shoot really great.
Yes, they both are. Both are Remingtons, one is a National Match 03A3 with a "C" (pistol grip) stock with a Redfield micrometer rear sight, and a Lyman hooded front sight. The other is an "S" (scant) stocked that my Dad started to "sporterize" - but I stopped him in time for it to be readily converted back to stock configuration.

Did you go to PI, I was there from June-Aug 1970..
No, MCRD San Diego. But, wound up stationed at MCAS Beaufort, about 6 miles or so from MCRD Parris Island. We would shoot annual requalifications at PI's range.