rice vending machine

carminagordula

Joined Oct 13, 2010
i am badly needing circuit diagram for the rice vending machine.
is there anyone who can help?

it has a vertical conveyor type of dispensing rice (packed by 1/2 kilo)
with just one variety of rice. it has two buttons present for selecting the number of half rice (kilo) and the other for cancellation of entry.
It will accept 1 and 5 peso coin and twenty peso (P20) bill and as you input the coin (basically, the amount you inserted will be displayed at the LCD) is decrementing. then the packed rice will dispensed to the claiming area, and will stop; else, there is another selection to dispense out.

anybody who has an idea about this project, please send me msg or email me at <SNIP>

thank you so much in advance.
it will be a great help for my thesis.
:))))))

Last edited by a moderator:

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Im guessing this is either a joke, or a school project..

Which one is it?

And are you looking for a flow chart or an actual schematic to a bunch of parts that you have not given the numbers of?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Most of this sounds like off the shelf technology. It is almost always cheaper to buy an off the shelf part than to make one (especially mechanical off the shelf parts).

What have you done so far?

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
A vending machine is a mechanical nightmare and they usually buy the coin/note acceptors from outside sources since they're also next to impossible to build.

I do like the idea for originality but it falls short in practicality, in other words for what it would cost to build one it would be worn out far before it ever paid for itself.

If you can find a used coin/note acceptor somewhere then you could go about the mechanics of the delivery system.

carminagordula

Joined Oct 13, 2010
Im guessing this is either a joke, or a school project..

Which one is it?

And are you looking for a flow chart or an actual schematic to a bunch of parts that you have not given the numbers of?

>> this is not a joke..this is our thesis, please help me for the circuit diagram and what are the components or parts that we can use to build this one?

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
I thought the idea of a thesis was to do your own research and discovery, not asking some internet forum to do it for you. You're not going to learn anything unless you do most of the work yourself, start by learning how a modern vending machine works.

gootee

Joined Apr 24, 2007
Hire someone to sit in a metal box and exchange rice for money? They could also guard the unsold rice, and the money already collected.

Hint: Randomly occasionally dispense canned ham, chicken, or beans, to entice people to gamble at your rice machine.

Idea: Invent a machine that could store dried rice (and maybe water) but could quickly dispense one to four servings of perfectly-cooked hot, steaming rice on demand.

Seriously, though, why not package the rice in containers that are sized like soft-drink cans and use existing vending machines?

But shouldn't a "thesis" be about something that has not been done before?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Idea: Invent a machine that could store dried rice (and maybe water) but could quickly dispense one to four servings of perfectly-cooked hot, steaming rice on demand
That's actually a brilliant idea. Look how much success there has been with the single-serve, made-to-order coffee machines now in every office in the US. Offer several different flavors and away you go. Yes, I know, you can buy Ramen packets for less than 10¢ apiece, but you have to "cook" those.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I already started building it!

I have my coffee maker taken apart to heat the water, and dispense into the cup-o-noodle styrofoam type rice container, uses a simple flow meter to measure the proper amount of hot water. The rice dispenser uses weight on a strain-gauge into a comparator to drop the proper weight of dry rice into the cup of water.

The cup travels along a belt stopped at each station by an electronic-eye. After each step is done, it advances to the next station.

Only problem Im having now is at the end, it throws boiling water and rice all over the customer.. So I better fix that problem or get REAL cheap insurance ;)

gootee

Joined Apr 24, 2007
Maybe something like a fractional distillation tower, but have steam shooting up from the bottom and dry rice falling in from the top. OK, never mind that. But steam would cook rice faster than boiling water.

Or, just have the machine heat vacuum-packed containers of already-cooked rice and then dispense them.

Or maybe it would be cooler to have an air-powered rice "machine gun" that shot the dry rice, one grain at a time, through an extremely-hot tightly-focused "just right" jet of steam, and straight out of the machine and directly into the consumer's mouth. They could purchase it in units of seconds and could then control the "fire" button to perfectly cook and dispense bursts at, say, 50 grains per second.

Wow. Must be time for me to get some sleep.

Last edited:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Hah! Figures the Japanese would be the source of this. I remember being in the Tokyo airport once, in the United lounge, where they had a beer pouring machine. You'd place your glass down, and it would tip in gently and dispense the perfectly poured glass of beer. I regret that I could only test it 3 or 4 times before I had to catch my next flight.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Hah! Figures the Japanese would be the source of this. I remember being in the Tokyo airport once, in the United lounge, where they had a beer pouring machine. You'd place your glass down, and it would tip in gently and dispense the perfectly poured glass of beer. I regret that I could only test it 3 or 4 times before I had to catch my next flight.
And you were the pilot right? ;)