RGB strip connected to molex

alchmyest

Joined Jun 23, 2013
Last edited:

paulktreg

Joined Jun 2, 2008
The power supply looks to be 12V @ 5A so any ATX power supply should handle it with ease.

Do you have a 4 pin molex to PCI-E adapter cable that often comes with graphics cards. You could remove the PCI-E plug and fit a DC power plug the same as the one on the power supply.

alchmyest

Joined Jun 23, 2013
Do you have a 4 pin molex to PCI-E adapter cable that often comes with graphics cards. You could remove the PCI-E plug and fit a DC power plug the same as the one on the power supply.
so would that mean i only use 2 pins on the molex the ground and the the 12v??

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
The molex as most of you probably know has 2 ground,a +5v and a +12 pin.
Molex is a manufacturer of connectors and has many configurations possible. What application has the pins as you describe? An ATX power supply connector?

If you're using an ATX power supply, I often scavenge a matching connector from the hardware I pulled the PSU from and remove any unused/unwanted pins.

alchmyest

Joined Jun 23, 2013
Molex is a manufacturer of connectors and has many configurations possible. What application has the pins as you describe? An ATX power supply connector?

If you're using an ATX power supply, I often scavenge a matching connector from the hardware I pulled the PSU from and remove any unused/unwanted pins.

when i say molex i mean the 4 pin molex computer connector, so do only have to use the 2 pins 12v for positive and ground for negative