rgb led help please

bendog2605

Joined Feb 8, 2013
Hi I am making a Valentines Day present for my girlfriend and need some help controlling RGB LEDs . I have 6 boxes on part of the presents it will have a RGB LED in each of the boxes.i I want to be able to change the color of each box . it would have a button by each box to select the box. and a panel at the bottom with red green blue buttons. to change the color I want to be able to select a box press the button colors press again to save is there a chip that would do that or would I have to do it with
relays

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
I have some solar garden lights with an RGB LED. The LED has a slowly colors changing/fading circuit inside. The LEDs might be available somewhere or buy the garden lights and steal the RGB LEDs.

antonv

Joined Nov 27, 2012
It's not totally clear what you want to do but micro controllers can do all kinds of things.

Do you have experience programming micro controllers?

bendog2605

Joined Feb 8, 2013
I have some solar garden lights with an RGB LED. The LED has a slowly colors changing/fading circuit inside. The LEDs might be available somewhere or buy the garden lights and steal the RGB LEDs.
Thankyou for responding.i need to be able to control The individual colors so i cant use one with the cycle

bendog2605

Joined Feb 8, 2013
It's not totally clear what you want to do but micro controllers can do all kinds of t.hings.

Do you have experience programming micro controllers?
Ok im sorry let me clarify.i have 6 boxes together and a lid that covers them,i am going to put a RGB LED in each box.i want to be able to select each box 1-6 through a keypad (button).and change the color of the led to red ,green or blue(through button) and have it stay that color until i want to switch.it would need to be able to turn the lights off when the lid is shut.and turn them on when the lid opens without reseting the colors.i hope that helps.i know some but could use all the help i can get.thank you