RFID based car security project

jj_alukkas

Joined Jan 8, 2009
Hi everyone,... I need to do my final year main project soon and I'm in need of a project. I'm planning to do it on RFID based car security. Can anyone help with some details or links on it. Suggesions for other projects would also be fine. Thanks in advance,..

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Are you familiar with the Toll Tag system in the USA (specifically Texas)? It basically is an RFID, it mounts on the windshield, when you go through checkpoints you are automatically charged, you don't have to stop and feed coins in at the manned stations.

I've heard in the eastern USA they are talking about using the existing tags to measure your speed (by time it takes to trip two points and calculating), then issuing a speeding ticket if it is too fast. UHG!!!

GirishC

Joined Jan 23, 2009
Hi everyone,... I need to do my final year main project soon and I'm in need of a project. I'm planning to do it on RFID based car security. Can anyone help with some details or links on it. Suggesions for other projects would also be fine. Thanks in advance,..
What are you planning to do in the project. The scope of this project is very big i.e. Hardware, Firmware and Software. So you need to really choose your domain and make selection.Each section demands different level of skill sets.

Just for your information, if you want to detect car speed or for that matter detect specific car, you need UHF RFID system. If you are planning to develop UHF range RFID, you need different level of skill set and systems. In majorly comprises of active RFID tag (costs ~$50+), RFID antenna and system (costs ~$1000)...look for sponseror. The disadntange of the UHF range it can not be used with Human body. So if tag is kept in pocket or so, it won't be detected. As UHF can be reflected by human body.

To make it work with Human, you need RFID with 13.5MHz frequency range. But this work in the vicinity of 5cm max from the reader. But real cheap.

I think, RFID is gonna be very detail..so first decide your scope and then plan...probably in that case you may have clear focus and idea

jj_alukkas

Joined Jan 8, 2009
Are you familiar with the Toll Tag system in the USA (specifically Texas)? It basically is an RFID, it mounts on the windshield, when you go through checkpoints you are automatically charged, you don't have to stop and feed coins in at the manned stations.
I knew only that these things were used for security purposes and for locating places in transport vehicles..

What are you planning to do in the project. The scope of this project is very big i.e. Hardware, Firmware and Software. So you need to really choose your domain and make selection.Each section demands different level of skill sets.
I don't want anything complex. What is in my mind is a unique card or a circuit which the owner keeps in the pocket.. When he approaches the car, (2 feets is enough) the car recogonizes it and unlocks the vehicle... When the card goes out of range, it locks again.. This thing has become popular abt 6 yrs back as RFID keyless entry starting from Benz S and BMW.. Any idea for this circuit??