RF transmitter to send a signal from one relay to the other.

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by jmd123, Apr 18, 2014.

1. jmd123

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 18, 2014
    I am electrician so I have a limited understanding of electronics. I would like to have a relay controlled input to a transmitter with a relay controlled output on the reciever (sorry if thats not phrased properly) I have thought of just buying a few of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400628157682 and modifying the transmitter button to suit my needs. Is there another option? Is there a website that may better help me understand how a circuit like this works?

2. burger2227

Feb 3, 2014
    The receiver is already a 12 volt DC relay. The transmitter could be controlled by a switch transistor to emulate pressing the button(s). It can also be run by a 12 volt circuit which would probably be preferable to those low life 23A's.

What is going to run the transmitter? The receiver relay can run up to 10 amps as it proudly says on top of it.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  3. nerdegutta

Dec 15, 2009
    That is an easy way.

You could do it yourself. With one pair of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=rf+relay&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1311.R6.TR10.TRC2.A0.H0.X433+mhz&_nkw=433mhz+transmitter&_sacat=0

But then you'll need some more components... and some soldering skills and a PCB/perfboard and so on...

What is the distance between the transmitter and the receiver?

Oh, and welcome to the forum. :)

4. jmd123

Apr 18, 2014
    I would definitely like to run the transmitter as a 12v circuit, and I would prefer to emulate the button with 12 v relay or a simple i/o module. Think I could probably figure it out, just wondering if there was something already out there that didn't cost a fortune.

5. jmd123

Apr 18, 2014
    That looks cool. And cheap enough that I could screw it up a few times. But what would I need? an encoder/decoder. I also liked the learn capability of the remote so that I'm not getting my signals messed up (not sure what's involved with that). There's a guy in town that makes PCBs. What is this Aurdrino? A chip programmer. Thanks for the welcome. I always used to scan your posts while I was in school. :)

6. jmd123

Apr 18, 2014
    Could distance be modified by adding an antenna connector? Or is the the amp something I would have to consider changing?

7. nerdegutta

Dec 15, 2009
    The module I linked to, have a limited range. I've manage to get appx 60-70 meters. What is your range?