RF transmission to transmit data from uC

debjit625

Joined Apr 17, 2010
ssm14293 I don't think you are going in a right way, the best way to do this is to use a RF Transceiver for example ( Microchip's MRF24J40).But I don't know if it is available in your country Pakistan ,so you have to help us to help you by providing information about the RF Transceiver modules available in your country, find one from your local market and post the name then we may help you further.

unfortunately... no... itx a single transistor transmitter... i'll buy it and let you know... doesnt cost much... compared to what i hv invested in this project... :/
is it possible though??

A single transistor transmitter is no good for any thing, they will not maintain your signal integrity.

Good Luck

ssm14293

Joined Jul 14, 2011
ssm14293 I don't think you are going in a right way, the best way to do this is to use a RF Transceiver for example ( Microchip's MRF24J40).But I don't know if it is available in your country Pakistan ,so you have to help us to help you by providing information about the RF Transceiver modules available in your country, find one from your local market and post the name then we may help you further.

A single transistor transmitter is no good for any thing, they will not maintain your signal integrity.

Good Luck
That.s a kind of answer i was looking for!! :D
I'll check which transceivers are available...
At the moment in using PT2248/49 encoder decoder... what type of rf transceiver should i use...??

debjit625

Joined Apr 17, 2010
At the moment in using PT2248/49 encoder decoder

Is that IR encoder decoder, if yes then if IR communication could be used in your project why you are going for RF communication.RF its better than IR but its complex. If your project could be done using IR then I will prefer stick to IR as its cheap and very easy but they have some problem (RF too).

what type of rf transceiver should i use...??
It's very hard to give answer to your question, as their are so many but one thing most RF Transceiver communicates with host using SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface) protocol and also the mcu you mentioned earlier PIC18F452 supports that protocol (normally I use PIC18F4520 they cost same ,but it have some more features).Anyway remember one thing when selecting the Transceiver check that, if it will support the communication protocol that is supported by the host i.e.. your microcontroller.

Good Luck

ssm14293

Joined Jul 14, 2011

Is that IR encoder decoder, if yes then if IR communication could be used in your project why you are going for RF communication.RF its better than IR but its complex. If your project could be done using IR then I will prefer stick to IR as its cheap and very easy but they have some problem (RF too).

It's very hard to give answer to your question, as their are so many but one thing most RF Transceiver communicates with host using SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface) protocol and also the mcu you mentioned earlier PIC18F452 supports that protocol (normally I use PIC18F4520 they cost same ,but it have some more features).Anyway remember one thing when selecting the Transceiver check that, if it will support the communication protocol that is supported by the host i.e.. your microcontroller.

Good Luck
At first i used IR but that need line of sight... the shop keeper told me that it can b used with an RF circuit too!!

FYI: I 'm a med student what i hv learned about uCs are from internet. dont know much bout it functions, e.g SPI... though i'll look up for it...:D

How to know the Com protocol?? o_O of my uC??

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
there are different shops having many company's ICs. Not one shop, though the one i usually go to is not a contacted supplier...
Can you name one or two? So we would check their inventory? You said there are a lot of parts which would have to be imported/are not available. So if you name a supplier accessible via internet, people could help to find something that serves your needs.

ssm14293

Joined Jul 14, 2011
Can you name one or two? So we would check their inventory? You said there are a lot of parts which would have to be imported/are not available. So if you name a supplier accessible via internet, people could help to find something that serves your needs.
they dont have a site... those who do dont have a catalog... i usually call them...
Name:
Axis Electronics
Sigma Electronics
Satellite Electronics
Component Center
Matrix Electronics

Last edited:

ssm14293

Joined Jul 14, 2011
These idiots at the shop tell me to give the part number and which ever number i give they dont have it!! :mad:
they dont know about the transceiver they have, if any!!

Any other option???:confused: :(

ssm14293

Joined Jul 14, 2011
Cant it work on a 2 transistor fm transmitter?? Instead of Mic's +ive lead, PIC's TX pin??
do reply quick... im loosing my patience with it.... :(

debjit625

Joined Apr 17, 2010
How to know the Com protocol?? o_O of my uC??
Check the datasheet.

These idiots at the shop tell me to give the part number and which ever number i give they dont have it!! :mad:
they dont know about the transceiver they have, if any!!

Any other option???:confused: :(
Now thats a big problem,what about Farnell.

Cant it work on a 2 transistor fm transmitter??
I dont think so,but I never tried...

Good Luck

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
@ssm14293

Well, in case you are still reading this, I had a look at the suppliers you named, only the first one has a decent website, but no product listings.

I found that there is a Digikey.pk maybe that's a good starting point. If I have the time I'll have a look through their inventory.

debjit625

Joined Apr 17, 2010
can u advise an IR receiver and emitter circuit for PIC??
Their are many,for the first time which I used was this one TSOP17 series photo modules(TSOP1738) with an general IR LED.The circuit for interfacing the photo module to mcu is given in the datasheet and very easy.

For the transmitter circuit I did this,it will give you approx 6 to 7 meter range without any lens (note it depends on IR LED also).

Here is the link for the datasheet
http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheets/208/301092_DS.pdf

Good Luck

Attachments

ssm14293

Joined Jul 14, 2011
Their are many,for the first time which I used was this one TSOP17 series photo modules(TSOP1738) with an general IR LED.The circuit for interfacing the photo module to mcu is given in the datasheet and very easy.

For the transmitter circuit I did this,it will give you approx 6 to 7 meter range without any lens (note it depends on IR LED also).

Here is the link for the datasheet
http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheets/208/301092_DS.pdf

Good Luck
Thanks!! bt i have 2 pin IR receiver.... how will i connect that to this???:confused:

debjit625

Joined Apr 17, 2010
Thanks!! bt i have 2 pin IR receiver.... how will i connect that to this???

It can't be, any IR receiver photo module will have to use at least 3 pins, two for power supply and one for signal data. May be one pin is broken or may be it's not an IR receiver photo module it's just a photo diode or photo transistor.

If you are using photo diode or photo transistor, then don't do any commutation with that because they will carry noise in their signal and also their signal is very unstable, if you want to eliminate them you need to amplify and filter the signal and do many more things which a single photo module does in very low cost.

Good Luck