RF switch

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Juggernaut12121, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Juggernaut12121

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 10, 2014
    I'll apologize for my noobishness in advance.
    Anyhow, I need a wireless remote controlled on/off switch (Radio frequency would be best I figured). I don't really need any specific mode, momentary would be great. I also need it to run around 4-6 volts DC and about 2-5 amps. I haven't been able to find one on Amazon or eBay or anywhere and so I figured I'd ask on here if anyone knows where I can get one or how to make one. A big thanks in advance!
  2. MikeML

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 2, 2009
    I recently bought some of the 4 button 315MHz key FOB transmitters with matching receivers (the kind with the strappable address codes). It was trivial to add relay(s) to the output(s) of the decoder. With a full-size dipole antenna on the receiver, the reliable range is about 300 ft (100m).

I am using these to control a swing gate and two garage doors. Work much better than the ones that came with the garage doors...
  3. DickCappels

Aug 21, 2008
    I found something similar at a Walgreen's drug store. It was set up to remotely turn lamps on and off. You might check for something like that and adapt it to your needs.
  4. Juggernaut12121

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 10, 2014
    Thanks all! I found remote similar to the one you posted, MikeML. That's probably the one I'll go with