RF Signal Generator in its simplest form...

ArkGullwing

Joined Jun 29, 2013
Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place to ask this cause I just stumbled upon it via google searches... but here goes.

I'm no electrical engineer but I want a 13.56mhz signal generator that does nothing but radiate a constant low power signal. Something I can attach an exposed copper wire to and run along a shelf to light up some things that light up when exposed to RF energy.

How would I go about doing this?

t_n_k

Joined Mar 6, 2009
Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place to ask this cause I just stumbled upon it via google searches... but here goes.

I'm no electrical engineer but I want a 13.56mhz signal generator that does nothing but radiate a constant low power signal. Something I can attach an exposed copper wire to and run along a shelf to light up some things that light up when exposed to RF energy.

How would I go about doing this?
Will the things that light up be self powered or will they rely on the RF source to supply the energy to both activate & power the things.

ArkGullwing

Joined Jun 29, 2013
The LED's do happen to come on when placed near some public transport RFID readers and such so I'm guessing that they either work when they detect that specific frequency, or if they detect any RF energy in a strong enough context. I would assume that it'd cost more to light up when only exposed to 13.56 MHz with no real discernible benefit to being so discreet, hence my thought that they MAY work with other freq's. I have a 2947 that I plan on testing this with tomorrow some time, hopefully I can just put these near the output port and generate an RF signal, starting at 13.56 MHz to confirm the test would work, and then play around with the freq range and what not.