RF receiver/transmitter

thaumaturge

Joined Nov 17, 2009
Hey,

I'm embarking on a project to build something which involves RF. I have never used this and have only got a basic knowledge of electronics.
Basically, I would like to connect 3 reed switches to a transmitter, which would then be received and the signal converted into a vibration...a different vibration for each of the three reed switches so I can distinguish between each of them. Where oh where would I begin?

Thank you so much for your help,

Christo

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Radio frequencies are regulated by the government so you do not cause an airplane to crash or interfere with police or fire department communications.
You are also not allowed to cause interference to radio or TV.

There are a few radio bands that low power (short range) is allowed but you might cause interference or some other radio transmission might cause interference to you.

Have you ever looked inside a radio? It has hundreds of parts and are you going to make your own radio? Then design and make a circuit that will make the vibrations?

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
That would not be building a radio..... and it could easily be done as long as the device falls under FCC rule 15..... it could easily be operated in the 315Mhz, 418Mhz, and 433Mhz... I prefer 433 better range.....

Section 15.240 Operation in the band 433.5-434.5 MHz.
But before I can begin to help, I need to know some specifics, what is this device and how often does it need to send a transmittion?