RF Module 433 mhz Rx not working in 5v

Discussion in 'Wireless & RF Design' started by Jordan Fréry, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Jordan Fréry

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 2, 2015

I am currently building a module able to transmit the temperature using RF 433mhz. For this I am using a really simple code to get the temperature from my temperature sensor and sending the data to my Rx using manchester code. I use an Atmega328 for these operations and the Tx-Rx I used is the following: module 433 Mhz.

On the Rx side I simply connected it to my raspberry and coded the reception of my manchester code.

My problem is that my Rx is supposed to be using a 5v. However, in 5v it appears that I receive data continuously and when my Tx actually transmit there is no sign of the data I sent. When I use the 3v3 from the raspberry in the input of my Rx I am able to receive the data that I send however the range does not go further than few centimeters. On the Tx side I use a 5v input and on both I plugged an antenna of about 17 centimeters.

I wonder if I could have destroyed my Tx or Rx by using it in a wrong way or whether I bought an already broken module.

I would like to have your ideas about this problem.

Thank you very much :).

2. DickCappels

Aug 21, 2008
    The second and last thing I bought from Deal Extreme arrived with a big "X" drawn on the main integrated circuit and of course it didn't work. A month of waiting and nothing to do but drop it into the trash.

It might be that the receiver you have was designed to operate from 3.3V.